British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Somerset 7th June

just wondering if the machine examiners will be testing exhausts at these meetings?...if you get the chance try and listen to them, certain riders sound different to others!

Would be better off checking the fuel when Edinburgh visit
  • Like 2

Phewwww!! All the other riders can breath a sigh of relief, he's an accident waiting to happen lately on a biike , after watching him on Sky again this week , he can't control that bloody bike he's all over the shop , some poor soul is going to cop it very soon from him :blink:

First im not a Somerset fan, but i think Nick Morris as a lot of talent, hes only 19 now!

Didn't see Len Silver at Somerset last night, so he may have been at Rye House flooding the track in case the promised heavy rain doesn't materialise.

• Like 5

It would appear the rains haven't come to save Rye House from being thumped at home tonight. Can't see many people going either.

I'm on the South Coast. Not sure if I'll make it back in time, or even if I want to!!

Perhaps a low crowd and a massive defeat is what needs to happen. Sick of the way the last few seasons have gone, my major enjoyment has always been following the Rockets away from home but this load of dross isn't worth the effort. Even with a full strength side at Somerset last night we might have struggled to thirty five. Fed up with hearing about the mechanical issues surrounding Steve Boxall and i am very disappointed with the eleven which is really nine from five rides from Kennett, not acceptable from a rider who should be averaging over ten.

With the heavy away defeats along with the loss at home to the mob from up the road Silver will be lucky to get a few hundred in the meetings coming up.

Despite annual optimism i give up just as the team have to being two heat leaders short of a decent team. no fun for the money at the moment

• Like 1

I'm in putney at the moment and it's absolutely hissing down such that I put my arm bands and flippers on just to go get a paper. If this hits rye it will definitely be off

Didn't see Len Silver at Somerset last night, so he may have been at Rye House flooding the track in case the promised heavy rain doesn't materialise.

There is a quote from him about last night on the Rye website which suggests he was there - I expect a later than normal call-off which will piss even more people off! :neutral:

I was only in the pits for a short while, he must've been in the bar.

I'm currently in Bournemouth, the suns out here. Hoping to race back in time for the start.

I was only in the pits for a short while, he must've been in the bar.

I'm currently in Bournemouth, the suns out here. Hoping to race back in time for the start.

Didn't see him in the bar before the meeting.

Saw Debbie talking to John Sampford

It's beautiful down here in Bournemouth

Perhaps a low crowd and a massive defeat is what needs to happen. Sick of the way the last few seasons have gone, my major enjoyment has always been following the Rockets away from home but this load of dross isn't worth the effort. Even with a full strength side at Somerset last night we might have struggled to thirty five. Fed up with hearing about the mechanical issues surrounding Steve Boxall and i am very disappointed with the eleven which is really nine from five rides from Kennett, not acceptable from a rider who should be averaging over ten.

With the heavy away defeats along with the loss at home to the mob from up the road Silver will be lucky to get a few hundred in the meetings coming up.

Despite annual optimism i give up just as the team have to being two heat leaders short of a decent team. no fun for the money at the moment

There's your barometer. If WHB has given up hope things must be REALLY bad!
  • Like 2