British Speedway Forum
steven101

Tai Woffinden Gardening

Im pretty sure everyone saw the british final just wondering what everyone made of woffy getting the shovel out and getting dirt from outside of track to add to his gate??

Do people agree or disagree with it? I thought it was definately something different and kind of funny to watch

• Like 1

If he didnt break a rule theres no way it was cheating, never seen it done before so that was a first.

As for disadvantaging harris, no there was plenty of more dirt by the fence for him to use he just didnt do as much gardening as the other 3. And surely gate 4 is the best gate towards end of every meeting because all the dirt builds up on the fence therefore gate 4 will always have more dirt to play with.

If u was 2 time british champ, world champ and currently leading world championship sure you would be slightly arrogant too probably helps him stay focussed on his job.

One he picked his start gate, he shouldn't have been able to mess about with another riders. If he wanted dirt from gate 4 then should have picked that gate.

He hadn't been the best rider on the night and so think it was due to the fact he knew big chance he would lose. Shame couldn't have won fairly.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

One he picked his start gate, he shouldn't have been able to mess about with another riders. If he wanted dirt from gate 4 then should have picked that gate.

He hadn't been the best rider on the night and so think it was due to the fact he knew big chance he would lose. Shame couldn't have won fairly.

He did win fairly :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I found the whole episode rather bizarre that the riders were allowed to do such thing. The referee was shown to be weak in that he didn't stop the ridiculous behaviour. After last night meeting, all riders will now bring a Vibrating Plate to the meeting so they can prepare their start position. Whatever next, A wheelbarrow of extra muck and a shovel??

I can remember a meeting, when come the final Michael Lee parked his bike on the side of the track, just so he could prepare his piece of track at the gate and the ref wanted to disqualify him. There was up-roar. eventually the ref relented on the agreement that the trackman regraded the start so be fair to all riders.

I thought at the time it was because the referee had an issue with Lee, but it was said the riders must have hold of the bike at all times, hence the usual plodding and stamping with the feet.....

Has that rules gone as well........or was that just someone's interpretation........

Edited by GRW123

Think that Tai did win fairly, because the 4th start was the worst start he made.

There was still loads of dirt left for Harris, if he wanted to do the same.

I thought it was cheating myself. Cook and Barker were the top scorers after the qualifying Heats and therefore they had first choice of Gate positions. Obviously Cook and Barker would choose the best Gates with the most grip on however after Woffinden got the rake out the favoured Gates advantage went. Woffinden then decided to nick all of Harris' dirt and therefore Woffy ended up with the best Gate after nicking everything off of the other riders Gates.

I did not like Woffy's interview after by saying I made 4 great starts (Only because Woffy nicked everything off of everybody) it seemed a bit arrogant for me.

I didn't agree or like it tbh. Woffy is a top top rider and Woffy did not have to do what he did it was a shame to see and I have lost a lot of respect for Tai now.

I don't know if it is just me but does Woffy seem to be getting a bit big headed recently?

Now I know you are on the wind up.

He said he made 4 good starts because he made 4 good starts. What was he going to do. Lie?!

And unless Bomber was starting from under the fence he didnt alter his gate at all. Thats where Woffy nicked his dirt from.

Bomber made 4 awful starts because 1. Hes gash 2. He cant gate anyway and was off the worst one.

I think 99% of speedway fans know Woffy wouldnt need to cheat to beat those 3 chumps in the final.

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 3

Give the guy a break - our first British World Champion for many years plus he had to give up his allotment this year to concentrate on his racing! ;)

• Like 3

Woffy made the start in the first running of the final, so his eventual win was ok with me - although in the 4th attempt it was his worst start. Cooky was playing around with his gate too. IMO the ref should have stopped it, a bit of gardening just before tapes up is fine, but it was a bit ott...but it was amusing....he could have done with a rotorvator as well....

The organic carrots and potatoes should taste quite nice when they come through! :lol:

I don't know if it is just me but does Woffy seem to be getting a bit big headed recently?

Not just you, Mrs P and I did remark on this during the meeting.

Bizarre and I think Dan Holt may be reflecting on these events. I suggest the refs get together at the end of the year and agree a stance, but it will require co-operation of starting marshal..

Thought it was really funny and well done tai for adding a bit of humour into the sport. Only mistake he made was taken dirt from gate 4 by the fence.

Helped build the tension for the final race of the night. And tai did not delay the start he was waiting at the gate :)

• Like 6