British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Workington... 5th July, 7pm

Think throwing tres out is a bit harsh. He rode well at Ipswich and Sheffield. Bowen will ride for Rye as long as Len is promoter. Boxall is a good second string, but yes can understand your statement about replacing him. Will be interesting to see with Anders Mellgren riding in Lukes meeting if Len brings him in.

I do feel sorry for the team, not there fault Len totally mucked up.

Jason Bunyan for me is the one I feel for. Chucked out as being the captain, don't believe he resigned, yet still rides with as much determination as ever.

Len has gotta move over and let another person run Rye House, that's providing Len don't charge a arm and a leg which knowing Len he will. So either next year we will run with the same team or no speedway at all in my view.

Everyone in the stadium knows Bunyan was sacked as captain, after standing up to Len over the state of the track, obviously now out of favour with the management, just a matter of time before he moves away from Rye, can't see him staying where he's not wanted, especially as he's averaging around eight-ten points a meeting.

• Like 1

Seems a little sad that the writing is on the wall at Rye. Havent been since the first meeting of the season and what with seeing the team getting ripped to pieces at home I have no wish too.

I have been to Rye since I was a kid of 9 in 1974 up to its previous demise under Ronnie Russell. Maybe we were spolit during the early 2000's with the re-introduction of speedway at the 'house and then the jump up into the PL in 2003 with riders such as Nigel Sadler, Scott Robson, Brent Werner, then a year later Davy Watt, culminating in a Championship the following year with the likes of Danny King at reserve!

We then poached a certain Tai Woffinden from Sheffield and it was a pleasure going every Saturday to watch that young kid race with the team winning the 2007 PL via the playoffs.

Year on year since 2003 Rye improved their squad and the results showed. But the last three maybe four years performances have gone downhill dramatically and each year I have attended less and less. There used to be a buzz around Rye on a Saturday, Sky Sports used to visit to televise speedway now it seems to be dying on its feet.

Wether its down to lack of young talent coming through the Rye ranks or the abolition of the Raiders or the fact Len has other interests in speedway now (Kent) it will be sad to see it disappear.

• Like 4

Ben, you're beginning to make sense. That holiday has done you the world of good!!

Fed up mate, when you can see something you love dearly going down the pan without a fight it hurts a lot.

We could have it all in terms of PL Speedway at Rye yet we seem to choose not to year on year these days.

• Like 1

Fed up mate, when you can see something you love dearly going down the pan without a fight it hurts a lot.

We could have it all in terms of PL Speedway at Rye yet we seem to choose not to year on year these days.

It's a crying shame that the successes of the mid to late 2000's weren't built on and the club and stadium has been left to rot.

Wether its down to lack of young talent coming through the Rye ranks or the abolition of the Raiders or the fact Len has other interests in speedway now (Kent) it will be sad to see it disappear.

Kent supporters are getting fed up too. After a promising debut season the wheels have come off somewhat. Two heavy home defeats and a draw in the last three home meetings and some spankings away from home have left them languishing in mid table.

With initial crowds the envy of most Premier League sides it looks like he's well on the way to ruining a speedway revival in Kent

• Like 1

It's a crying shame that the successes of the mid to late 2000's weren't built on and the club and stadium has been left to rot.

Kent supporters are getting fed up too. After a promising debut season the wheels have come off somewhat. Two heavy home defeats and a draw in the last three home meetings and some spankings away from home have left them languishing in mid table.

With initial crowds the envy of most Premier League sides it looks like he's well on the way to ruining a speedway revival in Kent

PLEASE GET LEN TO LEAVE OUR POOR KINGS ALONE !!!!!!!!!!

We are now an embarrassment . :nono:

p.s.

I went to most meetings last season and first 5 odd meetings this season - but I will NOT go again until Len even more so John go.

Edited by AJ is King

PLEASE GET LEN TO LEAVE OUR POOR KINGS ALONE !!!!!!!!!!

We are now an embarrassment . :nono:

I presume you're a regular at Kent AJ. How are the crowds holding up and what's the general feeling around the place?

I presume you're a regular at Kent AJ. How are the crowds holding up and what's the general feeling around the place?

As above I was going regular last season and beginning this season.But things happened last season we were not happy about (all to do with Lens sidekicks).

Crowds are well down this season,but the crowd are quite loyal and supportive.

I say it as I find it.

And I know others who do not go anymore.

No. Most fans would agree that he was much improved the last season before his injury, he was looking like a real number one and there's nobody who could ride Rye like he could.

We pay the going rate for Premier League speedway, why should we settle for less? The point of any sport is to win not to take part. Threats to be grateful for what you have are a part of this sport which is killing it and if you truly believe that sentiment then that is sad.

yes i agree with you about chris what i meant was i don't think he was ever public enemy number 1! on a wider note what i am trying to say is that the riders are spending huge amounts of money on engines, ( a grand for a service!) vans, diesel, oil etc and thats without blown engine repairs, helmets, body armour, tyres, boots time off work etc. some are losing money to race speedway so i don't think slating riders and the promotion helps the club when the alternative is paying out big money for a season or two, then it folds so then no speedway at rye house at all. some improvements can be made of course, but we need to be positive and help the club any way we can.

highlight of the season for me at rye were the comedy duo on starting gate duty on saturday. It was pure slapstick, and far more entertaining than the meeting!

the track staff give up their spare time and do not get paid, if you can do better you could always put yourself forward for a role!

That was Pete Jordison. A Rye stalwart. That was one great bit of PR. At least Rye House have got something right this year but not for the Rye faithful but the visitor lol

Agree great gesture I did thank him at the time but please pass on thanks from the worky supporters to Pete Jordison.

so when you lot all who are calling the club calm down , I'd look at the positives results aside ,let's just say I've experienced alot worse at other clubs.

• Like 1

so when you lot all who are calling the club calm down , I'd look at the positives results aside ,let's just say I've experienced alot worse at other clubs.

Easy to say when still basking in the glow of a massive away win. If the situations were reversed I'm sure the Workington threads would be full of irate Comets supporters demanding changes.

Edited by Shadders

Easy to say when still basking in the glow of a massive away win. If the situations were reversed I'm sure the Workington threads would be full of irate Comets supporters demanding changes.

Shadders I also agree with your reply to my post, it is easy for myself at this current time but honestly its meant as a genuine complement towards the club, and the locals (a good few of which I spoke to) were very friendly especially after the meeting which must of been tough.

agree if it was us on the back of a home defeat of a similar score our fans would be calling for heads, some of ours whinge when it's going well lol.

Edited by stoneylegend

Agree great gesture I did thank him at the time but please pass on thanks from the worky supporters to Pete Jordison.

well said, things may not be perfect at rye house but it is a great club and these things go in cycles, a few good years, a few errmm average years! was great to see and hear you all on the startline sat. no rockets in the pairs friday so i may as well cheer on josh and rene when im at somerset.

• Like 2

the track staff give up their spare time and do not get paid, if you can do better you could always put yourself forward for a role!

The comedy was the starting marshall and oppo, start marshalls I am led to believe are paid by BSPA (I may be wrong) ??

Don't be ridiculous. It's voluntary, they're not forced to do it. I can't stand these posts, riders risk their lives for our entertainment etc... So dull Edited by Shadders