British Speedway Forum
clambo71

Tai Woffinden's Views On Single Night Racing In Uk

Cheaper to run for a time.. then the top riders in that league will start wanting more money, certain clubs will pay it, others will try to compete, they'll lose money so they'll cut the costs and yet more fans will walk.

Spot on ..then the bigger clubs start getting the best riders just like last time and the smaller start to moan ...We need some new plans not olds one that have been done before .

• Like 1

Cheaper to run for a time.. then the top riders in that league will start wanting more money, certain clubs will pay it, others will try to compete, they'll lose money so they'll cut the costs and yet more fans will walk.

It's simply a never ending cycle, only been going on now for around 10 years but still folk are too blind to see it.

So we keep hearing, but I haven't seen the multitudes flocking to Premier League speedway yet.

No but it is affordable and it would be more so with fewer foreigners and the attendant plane fares

The idea if flying people all over Europe to appear before less then 1000 fans is ludicrous

As a business model it's suicide

• Like 3

No but it is affordable and it would be more so with fewer foreigners and the attendant plane fares

The idea if flying people all over Europe to appear before less then 1000 fans is ludicrous

No, what is suicide as a business model is not identifying why your fans have stopped attending, continuing down a route that has failed season upon season upon season.

Every year you think it will be affordable, till more fans walk away and suddenly its not affordable once again.

• Like 1

The Pl is full of foreigners ..no doubt the idea of flying crap foreigners to appear in front of 500 fans is a fantastic business model ..Clubs go bust in both league's and find it hard to survive . Intill the likes of you start to understand that then Speedway has little chance of going forward

Edited by orion

Who is Tia?

You have me there what can I say dyslexia runs in the family ( not a joke) my apologies no offence meant to Tai

The Pl is full of foreigners ..no doubt the idea of flying crap foreigners to appear in front of 500 fans is a fantastic business model ..Clubs go bust in both league's and find it hard to survive . Intill the likes of you start to understand that then Speedway has little chance of going forward

Actually I was referring to the pl which should be 6 Brits min in each team in my humble opinion

There are plenty of young riders and not wobblers either

You might think that bringing the worlds best riders to the el is the way forward but who is going to take the financial risk? I would suggest no one is

No, what is suicide as a business model is not identifying why your fans have stopped attending, continuing down a route that has failed season upon season upon season.

Every year you think it will be affordable, till more fans walk away and suddenly its not affordable once again.

Ok what then???

You have me there what can I say dyslexia runs in the family ( not a joke) my apologies no offence meant to Tai

I'm sure no-one took offence! Fortunately I don't have dyslexia, but my fingers do get out of control on the keyboard quite often!

Actually I was referring to the pl which should be 6 Brits min in each team in my humble opinion

There are plenty of young riders and not wobblers either

You might think that bringing the worlds best riders to the el is the way forward but who is going to take the financial risk? I would suggest no one is

Ok what then???

Putting crap teams out is a risk, as I said you don't save money if you lose most of the crowd . Putting out a cheaper product won't always save you money .

I have already said have a go at running top speedway on one or two race nights . Not sure if it would work but at least it's a new plan

And less fans to watch it. I wouldnt go if it wasnt for the top names as i have no interest in watching a lower standard rider

Why? Surely competitive, entertaining racing is what fans want? I'd much rather see a heat with four riders of equal ability, as far as possible, race against each other

How many top names, as you call them, do you want to see in each and every meeting? If there's only a couple, then they're unlikely to get much competition during the match for you to marvel at

Remember, the top names in general only do four laps in a couple of seconds less than the large majority of riders

Perhaps without them, so they can concentrate on earning their zlotys and krona, and avoid unnecessary early morning dashes to Stansted and Luton, there would be closer, thereby more entertaining, racing for UK fans

Putting crap teams out is a risk, as I said you don't save money if you lose most of the crowd . Putting out a cheaper product won't always save you money .

I have already said have a go at running top speedway on one or two race nights . Not sure if it would work but at least it's a new plan

Which part of "most speedway teams only rent the stadia they ride in, so they are restricted when they are available" do you not understand?

Why? Surely competitive, entertaining racing is what fans want? I'd much rather see a heat with four riders of equal ability, as far as possible, race against each other

How many top names, as you call them, do you want to see in each and every meeting? If there's only a couple, then they're unlikely to get much competition during the match for you to marvel at

Remember, the top names in general only do four laps in a couple of seconds less than the large majority of riders

Perhaps without them, so they can concentrate on earning their zlotys and krona, and avoid unnecessary early morning dashes to Stansted and Luton, there would be closer, thereby more entertaining, racing for UK fans

Which part of "most speedway teams only rent the stadia they ride in, so they are restricted when they are available" do you not understand?

What team's can't ride Home Matches on Mondays ?

What team's can't ride Home Matches on Mondays ?

Why Monday? So we don't upset Poland or Sweden or Denmark?

How about Saturday?

If that's what the Fans wanted then Pl and Nl would have the bigger crowds the fact that they don't shows it's not what the fans want

Those away at Monmore and Kirky Lane for two

Are ask the question again what team's in the El can't home Matches on a Monday ?

Why Monday? So we don't upset Poland or Sweden or Denmark?

How about Saturday?

Because a lot people want to watch the better riders I understand you don't but loads do

If that's what the Fans wanted then Pl and Nl would have the bigger crowds the fact that they don't shows it's not what the fans want

Are ask the question again what team's in the El can't home Matches on a Monday ?

The bigger clubs are in el so crowds would be bigger

Coventry are always going to get bigger crowds than Buxton regardless of racing quality

whats the problem on the squad system rather then move race nights? I for one like to travel to away fixtures when ive got time off,or im on holiday.The only good thing uk speedway has going for it is that you can go racing most days of the week,if your an anorak fan like myself!!