British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves 8th Aug

Fliss44 My sympathies. We live in the South East and were coming to Coventry for the Wolves Match and the NL Fours but hadn't got round to booking a hotel yet. We went to Swindon away in June and it was rained off and we booked a holiday in Bournemouth in July to watch the Poole match, before they switched the fixtures!!

• Like 1

Lets be honest, calling meetings off with less than a months notice is poor form..

Very poor and can see no reason why it needed changing.

SO many meetings have been ridden throughout the leagues with several riders missing.

Poole set a very dangerous precedent last season.

What is the point of having a fixture list then!

SO many meetings have been ridden throughout the leagues with several riders missing.

What is the point of having a fixture list then!

It worries me that I agree 100% with stevebrum :/

One that has still gone unpunished by the utterly incompetent Numpties, otherwise known as the SCB.

And as pure an example of cheating that anyone could imagine; which subsequently contributed towards Poole's qualification into the Top 4; and their ultimate hollow league championship victory that had the depth of a grain of sand.

Just to add it's such a great pity that Coventry aren't riding against Poole on August 8th. Mr. Horton cancelling said fixture would have been justice personified.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Unpunished because we didn't break ant rules perhaps?

The ants in my garden have no rules either. :lol: They're a pain in the blinking neck when disturbed, but I still woudn't kill any.

So Coventry have five riders missing but you see no need for the fixture to be changed? :shock: Thank goodness your promoters think differently so credit to them. I'd have been well cheesed off attending the meeting with only 2 Coventry riders present, especially if Wolves had won which they most likely would have.

• Like 4

16.1.2 It is the duty of the Staging Promotion to ensure that all Fixtures are completed and in the event of it being necessary to re-arrange a Team Fixture, the Promoter(s) shall mutually agree a re-staging date.

Jon Cook did not agree to the cancellation of the meeting; nor mutually agree any re-staging date at the time of your Promoter pulling his stroke.

16.1.3 In all Events that count towards a Championship, the Regulations must be adhered to and any Team or Individual found in breach of the Regulations will be liable to a penalty including the loss of League Points or removal from a Competition.

16.1.4 If a Team resigns, withdraws or is expelled from a Competition the SCB will declare all results involving that Team as null and void.

Suffice to say that if these regulations had been adhered to, you would not have stolen the league title in 2013.

The point is I don't believe Lakeside created enough havoc over this utter farce to force the SCB's arm into doing something. We basically rolled over and let Fraud tickle our tummy.

But to answer your question - your Promoter did NOT adhere to the SCB regulations. And Poole supporters that don't want to recognise any wrongdoing are a constant source of embarrassment to the sport.

Apologies for taking this thread off-track but it's an issue that should never be forgotten (not to mention the debacle when Poole were at Belle Vue) and more importantly, never repeated.

Albeit, if it is, I'm sure that I'm not the only supporter that would love to see Fraud 'fall on the sword of Damocles'.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

It worries me that I agree 100% with stevebrum :/

Hope it don't keep you up at night. :t:

And sadly i would imagine you actually believe that. :neutral:

So Coventry have five riders missing but you see no need for the fixture to be changed? :shock: Thank goodness your promoters think differently so credit to them. I'd have been well cheesed off attending the meeting with only 2 Coventry riders present, especially if Wolves had won which they most likely would have.

One rider missing or 5 riders missing, it shouldn't make a difference. Lets just ignore the fact that some have had there travel plans ruined because of this cancellation??

If we cancel every meeting when a rider, or riders, are missing we would only get about a quarter of meetings completed come September.

You must have agreed with Poole calling there meeting off last year then seeing as you think its perfectly fine to call a meeting off when it suits??

Hope it don't keep you up at night. :t:

And sadly i would imagine you actually believe that. :neutral:

One rider missing or 5 riders missing, it shouldn't make a difference. Lets just ignore the fact that some have had there travel plans ruined because of this cancellation??

If we cancel every meeting when a rider, or riders, are missing we would only get about a quarter of meetings completed come September.

You must have agreed with Poole calling there meeting off last year then seeing as you think its perfectly fine to call a meeting off when it suits??

Your promotion agreed to it Steve it's nothing like the situation at Poole at all who were missing one rider. If Wolves didn't agree to cancel the meeting I'd like to think it would still have gone ahead, It's not like we haven't rode with a team of guests at Brandon this season. Let's not forget Wolves were due to miss riders too.

Your promotion agreed to it Steve it's nothing like the situation at Poole at all who were missing one rider. If Wolves didn't agree to cancel the meeting I'd like to think it would still have gone ahead, It's not like we haven't rode with a team of guests at Brandon this season. Let's not forget Wolves were due to miss riders too.

I know our promotion agreed to it! And i know we had riders missing too.

It still doesn't make it right! And for the record it was WRONG of them to agree to call it off.

Like i have said, too the supporters who plan their holidays and life around the fixture lists it stinks.

It isn't like all these `other` fixtures that the riders are missing for weren't known.

So fixtures lists can be changed at will by promotions at any time. WRONG DECISION, if the fans matter.

Yes, I'd planned a whole weekend around this fixture so that side of it is frustrating indeed.

Currently Bees are due to stage their remaining 8 home league meetings in a 4 week window. Now that's high pressure!

• Like 1

Yes, I'd planned a whole weekend around this fixture so that side of it is frustrating indeed.

Currently Bees are due to stage their remaining 8 home league meetings in a 4 week window. Now that's high pressure!

A pressure that shouldn't be there IF they stuck to the fixture list!

Disgusting that fans are treated with contempt .

• Like 1

This is what people seem to forget. I was planning to come up for the Bees/Pirates meeting but thats been changed too. Thankfully I'd not made any concrete plans but it's a PITA. Meetings are changed on a whim all the time.

Surely this issue has been known about for months now. Even in March we were due to have 3 riders missing.

The person in charging of drawing up the fixtures needs to sort it out, as do clubs agreeing to fixtures when riders are missing. How hard would it have been to have arranged for Rye House and Workington to go to Soemrset/Edinburgh on the same nights - ideally a GP week so that Coventry could have no meeting that week as they'd have 3 riders missing. Keep all the clashes on the same day where possible - then the team just won't ride on that day.

Edited by SCB

16.1.2 It is the duty of the Staging Promotion to ensure that all Fixtures are completed and in the event of it being necessary to re-arrange a Team Fixture, the Promoter(s) shall mutually agree a re-staging date.

Jon Cook did not agree to the cancellation of the meeting; nor mutually agree any re-staging date at the time of your Promoter pulling his stroke.

Jon Cook didn't have to agree to the cancellation and if you'd quoted 16.1.2 in full it would show that, with typical speedway regulation ambiguity, there is provision made for promoters not agreeing a restaging date.

I know our promotion agreed to it! And i know we had riders missing too.

It still doesn't make it right! And for the record it was WRONG of them to agree to call it off.

Like i have said, too the supporters who plan their holidays and life around the fixture lists it stinks.

It isn't like all these `other` fixtures that the riders are missing for weren't known.

So fixtures lists can be changed at will by promotions at any time. WRONG DECISION, if the fans matter.

I'd agree that fixtures should be held on the date arranged as I've said on other threads in the past.In this instance is allowed as per the Rules so it wasn't similar to the Poole v Lakeside situation. As for the fans 'most' have applauded the cancellation as they prefer to see a full side in action although I do feel sorry for fans that have plans thrown out the windows because of it, it's happened to me a few times over the years. The situation occurred because of our poor planning no one else. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1