British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Stoke V Cradley Heathens 3/8

I took my 4 year old son to yesterdays meeting and we both enjoyed it. Plenty of decent racing with a 3rd bend that seemed to keep all of the riders on their toes. It was also nice to have a meeting that seemed to move along a t a decent pace with 2 minutes being called as soon a heat was completed. This certainly helped keep my lad interest and wanting to see more. I know that Stoke isnt the most attractive of stadia but its not as if we are being asked to live their and for a 3 hour visit it has everything that you need.

Regarding booing riders, I'm sure they really couldn't care less, I don't know any riders at all but I cant imagine they are sensitive souls. The booing and jeering just adds to any atmosphere and adds to the entertainment.

we love panto season, boo boo he's behind you. I don't understand it either. No rider should be bothered by it & some embrase it.

The information coming from the Stoke promotion just lately is getting worse and worse. Since Derek Turner packed in the press officers job earlier in the year, the press releases have got a lot less informative and less often. Meeting previews have only been coming out on the day, and in the case of this meeting, we havent had one at all yet. Match reports are now non existant, only the riders scores are given out. As for James McBain, he should have been fit to ride weeks ago and nothing has been given out by the promotion as to if or why he is not riding. The promotion just want to keep their supporters in the dark as they dont seem to matter to them. I see the Cradeley promotion have even given their own preview out for this meeting, but nothing from Stoke.

Not only are there no official press releases but now not even an official website, not even the "urgent press release" anymore. For you supporters out there with a decent promotion who are actually interested in there supporters appreciate it because you would not like to be run by a shower like this lot.

Not only are there no official press releases but now not even an official website, not even the "urgent press release" anymore. For you supporters out there with a decent promotion who are actually interested in there supporters appreciate it because you would not like to be run by a shower like this lot.

Think it was about this time last year it went down. It must be time to pay the bill again.