British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
T.N.T.

1928 Autograph Book

For many years I have had in my posession a leather bound Autograph book that contains hand drawn pastel pictures, poems and a frienship wall but most of all it contains a large number of signatures of speedway riders from 1928.

There are a number of well known riders included like Vic Huxley, Billy Lamont and Sprouts Elder plus many many more like Gus Kahn, Colin Watson, Beu Unwin etc and it has a date of August 12th on most saying it was an England v Australia meeting.

I haven't been able to pin it to one meeting or venue as I can't see any test matches this early in England but do know that at the time there were a number of meetings held around London at Crystal Palace, Stanford Bridge and other tracks so it could be from that.

To me its a special piece of Speedway history in a small well kept Autograph book and I could easily keep hold of it for some time more but may be tempted to sell it for the right price so inbox me and I will get back to you when I can and say yes or no.

• Like 1

For many years I have had in my posession a leather bound Autograph book that contains hand drawn pastel pictures, poems and a frienship wall but most of all it contains a large number of signatures of speedway riders from 1928.

There are a number of well known riders included like Vic Huxley, Billy Lamont and Sprouts Elder plus many many more like Gus Kahn, Colin Watson, Beu Unwin etc and it has a date of August 12th on most saying it was an England v Australia meeting.

I haven't been able to pin it to one meeting or venue as I can't see any test matches this early in England but do know that at the time there were a number of meetings held around London at Crystal Palace, Stanford Bridge and other tracks so it could be from that.

To me its a special piece of Speedway history in a small well kept Autograph book and I could easily keep hold of it for some time more but may be tempted to sell it for the right price so inbox me and I will get back to you when I can and say yes or no.

Sadly it went missing some years ago---I think my wife threw it out, but at one time I had my Grandad's West Ham autograph book from 1936. It had the signatures of Bluey Wilkinson, Tiger Stevenson and others from that year. Grandad must have kept his book going after the war as it also contained Eric Chitty, Jack Young, Tiger Hart and many others. My wife is still with me!!!.

Hi, have you still got the book ?

Have you still got the book ?