British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V !leicester 25/8

Coud we re-arrange for Thursday if off or would we have lots of riders missing?

No riders missing that I'm aware of. (Are there any fixtures abroad)

Alot would depend on stadium availability but don't Leicester own theirs (if later is rained off?)

If possible we should run a meeting on Thursday!

Edit: Forecast for Thursday isn't great either!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

If possible we should run a meeting on Thursday!

Do either team have access to their stadium on a thur? I would def be there.

Do either team have access to their stadium on a thur? I would def be there.

Im sure Sandhu could do with the rent and refreshment money.

Im sure Sandhu could do with the rent and refreshment money.

Would imagine crowds would be big for both teams whatever day on but more so with full teams.

Typical that there has been no rain in Coventry for last hour.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

rescheduled for next Sunday now - 2.30pm at Coventry

will any riders be missing due to Polish commitments

Good of the teams to come together and come up with dates so fast

Good to get re-arranged so fast - does mean we will be without both Garrity and Howarth in the home meeting with both Rye House and Workington in action that afternoon ... Are Hans, Bomber and MJJ riding in Poland ?

COVENTRY can confirm new dates for three fixtures as the Elite League run-in continues.

The dreadful weather on Bank Holiday Monday resulted in both of the Buildbase Bees’ matches against Leicester being postponed.

However, these matches have been quickly re-arranged for THIS SUNDAY, August 31.

The meeting at Brandon will take place at 2.30pm with the return at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium at 7.30pm.

In addition, there is a change to the home fixture against King’s Lynn, which now comes forward 24 hours to Thursday September 4 (7.30pm).

The meeting was initially scheduled for the Friday, but this would have clashed directly with the return to the Ricoh Arena of Coventry City FC, whose televised League One match against Gillingham is expected to pull in a huge attendance.

Coventry Speedway did not consider it sensible to attempt to run a meeting at the same time, and we thank King’s Lynn for their co-operation in bringing their fixture forward.

With the return of the football club we will be looking into the possibility of some future tie-ups, and supporters who are attending the Gillingham match should retain those tickets.

Well a team of guests and hopefully at least winning the home leg and collecting 2-3 points is a lot better than both meetings not being rearranged in time and gaining nil point.

Well done to Leicester and Coventry for getting this meeting on. I would imagine MJJ will be missing if he's riding in Poland or even if not I have concerns that he 'wouldn't get a flight in time'. Harris though, I'd imagine will at least make the away leg in the evening.

Frankly a team of guests and meetings being on is better than nothing.

No polish fixtures so shouldn't be too bad and some good guests available. Will make the journey to this both home and away.

Bit disappointed the meeting on 5th has moved as now means we will miss out on seeing 2 of the strongest teams as I am away 4th. :(

Although not confirmed yet have heard reports from a few sources that Leicester may be missing Doyle,Mads and Klindt as due to previously booked continental meetings. Also have Krystof out injured so could be another select team. Will be interesting to see if they ride for Leicester or not