British Speedway Forum
EnglishRoundabout

Somerset V Workington 12th September

Workington have gone right off lately. Whilst all the flak will be directed at Bach and Grajczonek, whatever has happened to Campton.

Mentally given up, dont look interested, very weak away from home, just racing matches to get them finished, with the other sides around us not wanting to qualify for the play offs we are now just about stuck with it only needing 4/5pts from Sheff to be in position to be mullered all over again? :o

Tragic performance tonight, barely a win between them, this wont have made good viewing and will have done whatever self esteem we had left absolutely no good whatsoever, just turned over in all departments with barely a whimper?

As for the form of Campton, he did run up a paid max during the LC at the start of the season but hasn't built on it as we had hoped, certainly not lived up to the pre season hype and he has made virtually no improvement at all, been struggling for ages, no consistency and a poor scorer away from DP, whether, as AF suggests, that that is down to him not being at reserve anytime this year not only bodes badly on him but also shows up the non improvement of the reserves to be able to make the move up and spell him off?

That lack of flexibility is now coming home to roost, unless someone is waiting somewhere to pull the cork from our genie's bottle these play offs are gonna make painful watching, we'll do alright at home just wont follow up away, living in hope now? :cry:

i would like to think that newcastle could get a result at e/burgh tonight and worky fluff it up giving either p/boro or newcastle a chance of 6th spot. if worky do get in then i fear that we wil be cannon fodder for all teams above. wich will only drive away workintons fan base for coming seasons. me personally. i cant wait for the season to end even though i have not been forthe last few weeks. there comes a time when even an ardent fan like myself folls over and dies.

so worky supporters, be prepaired for a good mullering from any of the top 5.in the play offs.

lets get back to the seventies and run speedway as it should.let promoters buld strong teams and not fit riders in because their average fits.. give the public what they pay for.

oh, and well done somerset on beating, sorry destroying the worst comets team in years. hope the racing was top drawer and maybe you can muller us again in the near future . (play off).

nice post lord lucan. if we run next year can we have a team of gaters.no not the ali type. proper guys who can do it from the gate and asset on riders only. no d/u or journey men .

well thats me done and dusted.. for now.

Tell you what, you missed a great meeting. The racing was once again superb on a well prepared surface. Oh and the Rebels notched up 60 again Jenga.

You hardly ever see a bad meeting at the OTA regardless of the score. Last night was no different with some superb passing. Once again the home side clicked into gear after a couple of races, and they really are quite ruthless on their home track. I think it was heat 11 when Nick chased down Josh and finally took to the boards to pass him on the last lap, that one stands out, but there were plenty more. Bach looked really quick early on but faded quite badly, Wells did have a go, but JG wasn't his normal self...tired boys the Comets, and I'm pretty sure Somerset would love them in the playoffs.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

I don't think giving Klindt such a good workout at the Oaktree prior to a potential playoff clash was a good idea. Not sure what other options were available but it could turn out to bite em in the bum

• Like 1

I think if the time comes and Somerset meet Scunny the rebels will pull their fingers out. Both Allen and Kurtz beat him well last night. But yes he needs watching always good at the OTA, fast out of the gate

Tell you what, you missed a great meeting. The racing was once again superb on a well prepared surface. Oh and the Rebels notched up 60 again Jenga.

Thought it just an average meeting compared to Oak Tree standards, enough breaks in between races to do without an interval after heat 12. Less dirt on the track than my previous visit, probably suited Klindt who did a lot of gardening at the start and was usually a bike lengths clear before the first bend.. 6 points from R/R at home still a worry. Good interviews during track grading, with Olly who said you could earn 4 times as much riding in Poland, and Brady, who said he has had an offer from Poole.

Thought it just an average meeting compared to Oak Tree standards, enough breaks in between races to do without an interval after heat 12. Less dirt on the track than my previous visit,

Less Dirt, Er, Ez does not take Dirt off.

I don't think giving Klindt such a good workout at the Oaktree prior to a potential playoff clash was a good idea. Not sure what other options were available but it could turn out to bite em in the bum

As Josh showed last night it is much harder to ride against Somerset than for them.

Thought it just an average meeting compared to Oak Tree standards, enough breaks in between races to do without an interval after heat 12. Less dirt on the track than my previous visit, probably suited Klindt who did a lot of gardening at the start and was usually a bike lengths clear before the first bend.. 6 points from R/R at home still a worry. Good interviews during track grading, with Olly who said you could earn 4 times as much riding in Poland, and Brady, who said he has had an offer from Poole.

To be fair Oldtimer, you have been spoilt watching speedway at the OTA week after week. I grew up watching speedway at Swindon, which in my opinion was one of the best and fairest race tracks in the country, but on a good day, there were nowhere near as many passes and exciting races as there are on as you say an "average" meeting at Somerset.

• Like 1

To be fair Oldtimer, you have been spoilt watching speedway at the OTA week after week. I grew up watching speedway at Swindon, which in my opinion was one of the best and fairest race tracks in the country, but on a good day, there were nowhere near as many passes and exciting races as there are on as you say an "average" meeting at Somerset.

I have watched speedway at Swindon also and Hackney, Wimbledon, White City, Cradley, Reading, Exeter, Birmingham, Peterborough, Newport, Plymouth, Bristol, Coventry, Sheffield, old Belle Vue, Poole, Wolverhampton.

I have watched speedway at Swindon also and Hackney, Wimbledon, White City, Cradley, Reading, Exeter, Birmingham, Peterborough, Newport, Plymouth, Bristol, Coventry, Sheffield, old Belle Vue, Poole, Wolverhampton.

An average day at Somerset is better than a good day at the majority of those in my opinion. With the possible exceptions of Hyde Road and Cradley.

Some of the moves I see at Somerset are breathtaking, and believe me I do see a lot of speedway at many different tracks.

I do think it good that we have such contrasting tracks in this country though. I can enjoy a speedway meeting anywhere...Somerset does stand out though.

Other favourites are Gustrow in Germany, and I've seen some classics at Bydgoszcz....strangely (or maybe not) both are similar to Somerset in a number of ways.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Agreed Bernt. Peterborough my other favourite track. Going back, like you, Hyde Road, and The Shay at Halifax stand out.