British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

So, if the fixtures now allow Saturday Speedway, on non GP weeks, Doyle and wozniak, Stead, Klindt, Buckowski, Blackbird and Clegg... How's that for a slice of fried gold???????

When Lewis Blackbird was interviewed during the televised match against Eastbourne he said that he was now riding OK but he still does not like your track so if I was putting a team together he would not be one of my choices.

.....weatherwatcher......Get in there and get the riders you want for a good team that can top the league, not the gregs that no one else wants to even have in their team.

Hope you are not including in your list of unwanted gregs the one and only Greg Hancock? :D

The rider I would like to see in Lion's colours next season is Bjarne Pedersen who is presumably available due to Eastbourne having withdrawn. Each time he has raced at Leicester he has been a revelation. Not always winning his races but he showed hat he has no fear of the track and gave us some very exciting performances. His efforts in trying to come from the back put many riders to shame because they simply give up when they are at the back.

Bjarne has quit British Speedway.

• Like 1

So, if the fixtures now allow Saturday Speedway, on non GP weeks, Doyle and wozniak, Stead, Klindt, Buckowski, Blackbird and Clegg... How's that for a slice of fried gold???????

Doyle,Craig Cook,Nick Morris,Klindt,Steady,Roynon and Clegg.

Roynon is a nice lad, but in my opinion is to fragile now, and only a crash away from a disaster.... I had forgotten about Cook, so replace Buckowski or Klindt with Cook then.......

Doyle,Craig Cook,Nick Morris,Klindt,Steady,Roynon and Clegg.

You've forgotten the one signing we've made, Wozniak. Substitute him for Klindt & i'd be quite happy with the 1-5, not sure about the reserves though. But it's a bit of a waste of time guessing teams until we know what Wozniak's assessed average is going to be.

• Like 1

You've forgotten the one signing we've made, Wozniak. Substitute him for Klindt & i'd be quite happy with the 1-5, not sure about the reserves though. But it's a bit of a waste of time guessing teams until we know what Wozniak's assessed average is going to be.

Oh yes I'd forgotten about Wozniak.

Bjarne has quit British Speedway.

What a shame.

Doyle, Cook, Wozniak, Buckozki, Klindt, Still like to see Bates and Clegg given another chance this season. But I honestly can't see them getting another shot at it. Not sure how they will pick as reserves. Maybe Stead, instead of Cook or Klindt as Stead and Klindt did well fo us last year. Also Doyle is a big maybe with his GP first season and also signing for a Polish club. So who will be picked as the No1 rider. Hancock would be a good crowd drawer and a great No1 but that is just a dream.

All we can do now is sit and wait, just hope it is not to long.

Edited by weatherwatcher

When Lewis Blackbird was interviewed during the televised match against Eastbourne he said that he was now riding OK but he still does not like your track so if I was putting a team together he would not be one of my choices.

Barrow Boy, see where you're coming from with Leicester not being Lewis Blackbirds favourite track...... My thought process was that having Lewis would benefit us at the away tracks, having a reserve that can score 9+ away (win the 2 res races) and 3 pts from his harder rides would bolster the lower end and maybe give a better option if your 2nd strings not firing?

Barrow Boy, see where you're coming from with Leicester not being Lewis Blackbirds favourite track...... My thought process was that having Lewis would benefit us at the away tracks, having a reserve that can score 9+ away (win the 2 res races) and 3 pts from his harder rides would bolster the lower end and maybe give a better option if your 2nd strings not firing?

Good point.

• Like 1

Good point.

How about Doyle/Cook/Buczkowski/Wozniak plus Another big hitter with an average of 7+ for the top 5.

How about Doyle/Cook/Buczkowski/Wozniak plus Another big hitter with an average of 7+ for the top 5.

Who fits? Shlein? Really cannot think of anyone else that would come, be able to come that is...........

Shlien rode well at Leicester and had some very good rides for his home club, that is if you could actually remember who he rode for this year, he was riding for so many clubs it was hard for him to even remember who his home club was So yes he would be a good signing, but should think that he has already been snapped up. It would just be nice to know who the riders are that have been approached for next years team, it would save us all a lot of guessing games.