British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Lions 6th rider to be announced next Thursday 22nd at a meeting for season ticket holders, sponsors etc. The rider will be introduced to the guests & will form a heat-leader partnership with Jason Doyle.

This announced on Lions website today.

I am not being funny but wat about the genuine supporters. Those fans who dont have season tickets and are members of the supporters club, why is it always about the sponsors and season ticket holders. Yes I know the sponsors are paramount too speedway but the season ticket holders aren't. Why cant all fans attend inc children as this is supposed too be our Leicester Lions but it seems too me as though we are fans as and when u please...#notahappyfan

• Like 2

I am not being funny but wat about the genuine supporters. Those fans who dont have season tickets and are members of the supporters club, why is it always about the sponsors and season ticket holders. Yes I know the sponsors are paramount too speedway but the season ticket holders aren't. Why cant all fans attend inc children as this is supposed too be our Leicester Lions but it seems too me as though we are fans as and when u please...#notahappyfan

Don't worry. It's not a exciting signing

• Like 1

OK, turn it round the other way.

Say you run the club and want to encourage and reward Season Ticket holders. How would you do it without making "normal" fans feel excluded?

• Like 1

OK, turn it round the other way.

Say you run the club and want to encourage and reward Season Ticket holders. How would you do it without making "normal" fans feel excluded?

Why should season ticket holders be rewarded. I bet the majority of them dont go and watch the Lions away from home, its the fact that all other supporters are being excluded. For instance did Kings Lynn only invite Season Ticket holders and sponsors when they unveiled their team NO!!...the problem is its all about money money money and its us REAL fans that get left behind. They only want our money when it suits them.

Season tickets provide a much needed source of income early in the season. That's why a few little perks are thrown in.

So - access to this exclusive "must do" event could be yours,if you buy a season ticket between now and the 22nd.

As a certain satirical magazine calls it... "Desperate Marketing" !!!

• Like 2

Of course season ticket holders are paramount they put their money up front thus giving the promotion valuable cash.....people that pay at the gate can stop going if we are losing all the time whilst season ticket holders have made a season long commitment.

Don't worry. It's not a exciting signing

Not Bjarne Pedersen I hope........doesn't exactly set the pulse racing!

So - access to this exclusive "must do" event could be yours,if you buy a season ticket between now and the 22nd.

As a certain satirical magazine calls it... "Desperate Marketing" !!!

Think you've hit the nail on the head with that comment. The e-mail i received advertising the event was followed by the message if you would like to attend, please buy your season-ticket before the 22nd. Something i won't be doing before i see the fixtures for next season, to see if they clash with holidays etc.

Especially after being ripped off last year when we paid for 18 league matches & after Birmingham pulled out, only seeing 16, without so much as a little discount off this seasons ticket as compensation.

Of course season ticket holders are paramount they put their money up front thus giving the promotion valuable cash.....people that pay at the gate can stop going if we are losing all the time whilst season ticket holders have made a season long commitment.

Not Bjarne Pedersen I hope........doesn't exactly set the pulse ra

And what about the children, even they are banned from going!!!

And what about the children, even they are banned from going!!!

Are they? That's a good thing I'll probably go along then.

Got to admit that is quite strange, excluding supporters, just cause they don't buy a season ticket! Surely anyone who wants to go, loves their club

Would've thought it would be more impressive to the sponsors, with more people attending. Surely trips to centre green, meet the riders, discount on merchandise would be better

We have a fans forum at Lakeside, which is always well attended, and great for supporters to interact with the management, and find out about the club's direction. Great way of keeping in touch out of season

I would be extremely annoyed if my club did this

I have to disagree shareholders like myself & sponsors should be rewarded for putting our hard earned money into the club to keep the club operational during the winter.

Without the season ticket & sponsors who do you think pays the land rent & bills during the winter because i assure you that your £16 a week just covers the matchday outgoings so DH relys on sponsors to keep the club afloat during the winter months.

Without sponsors & shareholders you have no club so why shouldn't we be rewarded for doing abit more then just a regular fan. I know i am in the fortunate position of having disposable cash to put into shares of the club which not everyone can

• Like 1

Why don't they just charge non season ticket holders a small fee to attend? Some fans work shifts where it would make no sense buying a season ticket.