British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

This is just the start with Jason missing 2 meeting due to the Ausie pairs, how many more will he miss if they get through. Hope not to many or we will be back to where we where last year, struggling a the foot of the table again.

Theres a clash with the second Coventry league meeting in May.

Is Jason Doyle going to be competing in the competition for 2016 Grand Prix qualification? Or is he going to give that a miss and rely on finishing in the top 8 in this years actual GP series, to gain his 2016 qualification? (or hope to gain a 2016 wild card if he doesnt get into the top 8). Last year that commitment was quite a nuisance for Leicester.

I would really hate to see him pack his bags with the Lions he has done us proud last year and I hope he doe's even better this year with a rider to back him up. So I hope that he stays as the team No1 for quite a few years He has turned into a really good rider, he came into his own last season and only got better as the year went on. Not only for the Lions but getting into the GP's.

Doyley & Bjarne are both doing GP qualification in 2015 but i understand fixtures are planned to suit

Is Jason Doyle going to be competing in the competition for 2016 Grand Prix qualification? Or is he going to give that a miss and rely on finishing in the top 8 in this years actual GP series, to gain his 2016 qualification? (or hope to gain a 2016 wild card if he doesnt get into the top 8). Last year that commitment was quite a nuisance for Leicester.

Doyley & Bjarne are both doing GP qualification in 2015 but i understand fixtures are planned to suit

Let's hope so they are!

But that's yet another commitment he's got on his plate.

I make that UK Elite League, Swedish Elitsieren, Polish Ekstraliga, Danish League, Grand Prix, GP Qualifiers, FIM Pairs, World Cup and maybe the occasional individual meeting. Looks like he's gone for the full set and bagged all of them!

Just hope his off-track setup's good enough, that he's got enough engines and good and reliable tuners, deep pockets, employers who pay him on time, and more than anything the stamina to match up to those demands throughout 6 months.

Woffinden couldn't cope with a schedule last year that was quite a bit less than that. I think Iversen, Holder and Jonsson are riders who come immediately to mind, who have similar commitments levels year - but they've had more experience of doing it whereas this is Jason's first year at that level. Iversen got burned out a couple of times last season when his KL performances dipped (but they recovered until his season ended prematurely).

So if Jason Doyle's Leicester performances dip occasionally, it's only to be expected. if they don't, you really can put him in the superhuman catergory!!

• Like 1

Yes lets hope that his own engine doe's not burn out before the season ends, he has got one very busy schedual. I think at times he will be wondering where he is. Wish him the best of luck and hope that he can mangage to keep hisself fit and well for a very long and hard 6 months.

Just catching up on the Radio Leicester interview DH & Alan Jones did on thursday. They had an email in from a Ken, no surname given! (Think we can guess who that was! ) asking about what was going on with other sports at the BP site.

DH was less optimistic than he was last time he was on Radio Leicester & basically said there was nothing lined up at the mo, but the council were asking what was going on. Pretty sure last year when he was asked he said there should be work starting on a BMX track.

Does anyone know if the council might start threatening to pull the plug on speedway if nothing happens soon on the site or are they just repeatedly asking DH about it as per the planning conditions & they are no overly concerned.

Edited by Astill lodge lion

All depends on if he is selected for the other 2 rounds

After last nights performance, how can Mark Lemon not use him.

After last nights performance, how can Mark Lemon not use him.

Agree. Was one of the best riders there.

The BMX track is not DH responsibility it is the council who are dragging their heels on that.

I understand that DH has put various sporting a plans to the council but non are good enough they want what was on the planning order but both company's pulled out through no fault of DH

DH comes in for some unfair criticism over the land because Leicester lost the Velodrome to Derby because the council wouldn't commit to a build start date so British cycling took it to Derby .

Then 2 weeks before the build start date for the 5 aside football pitches the company were unexpected taken over by Goals who pulled the plug because they already have a Leicester base.

Just catching up on the Radio Leicester interview DH & Alan Jones did on thursday. They had an email in from a Ken, no surname given! (Think we can guess who that was! ) asking about what was going on with other sports at the BP site.

DH was less optimistic than he was last time he was on Radio Leicester & basically said there was nothing lined up at the mo, but the council were asking what was going on. Pretty sure last year when he was asked he said there should be work starting on a BMX track.

Does anyone know if the council might start threatening to pull the plug on speedway if nothing happens soon on the site or are they just repeatedly asking DH about it as per the planning conditions & they are no overly concerned.

The BMX track is not DH responsibility it is the council who are dragging their heels on that.

I understand that DH has put various sporting a plans to the council but non are good enough they want what was on the planning order but both company's pulled out through no fault of DH

DH comes in for some unfair criticism over the land because Leicester lost the Velodrome to Derby because the council wouldn't commit to a build start date so British cycling took it to Derby .

Then 2 weeks before the build start date for the 5 aside football pitches the company were unexpected taken over by Goals who pulled the plug because they already have a Leicester base.

With the best will in the world Lionking you would have to be almost delusional to take in the version of events that you're peddling there. How unlucky DH appears to be (though luckily enough for him he appeared to keep coining in money from tipping waste on the sites that are none of his business. How weird!)

Woods and trees springing to mind (no denying they would certainly have made a better view for the locals than the mountains of rubble!)

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 2

With the best will in the world Lionking you would have to be almost delusional to take in the version of events that you're peddling there. How unlucky DH appears to be (though luckily enough for him he appeared to keep coining in money from tipping waste on the sites that are none of his business. How weird!)

Woods and trees springing to mind (no denying they would certainly have made a better view for the locals than the mountains of rubble!)

Mick.

Who actually cares?

Who actually cares?

To be frank It doesn't matter whether anyone cares or not. The point being If someone is talking bull then i can't see the harm in pointing it out. If no-one points it out then as far fetched as it may appear people might actually start believing it.. ohh wait...

To be frank It doesn't matter whether anyone cares or not. The point being If someone is talking bull then i can't see the harm in pointing it out. If no-one points it out then as far fetched as it may appear people might actually start believing it.. ohh wait...

But what exactly has that got to do with Leicester Speedway? People just turn up to watch the meetings the rest is just superfluous. Edited by mrcts