British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

whats the point ??? plenty of good options out there for guests ,aspegren ,sergeant , roynon , Christian henry , alex davies (does his visa allow him to guest) , paul starke , all of them are below lambert when the new g.s.a come out next month

So we can track out own team and not someone else's. Look at tonight we are having to use Ashley Morris who's average is well below that of Simon Lambert.

Using guests simply gives practice to opposition riders imo

Anyhow looks like Berge is Redcar bound.

Edited by dazpanther

whats the point ??? plenty of good options out there for guests ,aspegren ,sergeant , roynon , Christian henry , alex davies (does his visa allow him to guest) , paul starke , all of them are below lambert when the new g.s.a come out next month

Aspergren - poor form

Serjeant - prone to a roller, hit and miss, but best possible one, but a play off rival and rides in the elite, so not very available.

Roynon - hit and miss, more miss.

Henry - out for the season

I just don't think any of them are good enough, Berge is a great rider, way better than that average, only one who would score close to Lamberts points total.

• Like 1

Aspergren - poor form

Serjeant - prone to a roller, hit and miss, but best possible one, but a play off rival and rides in the elite, so not very available.

Roynon - hit and miss, more miss.

Henry - out for the season

I just don't think any of them are good enough, Berge is a great rider, way better than that average, only one who would score close to Lamberts points total.

I agree with DazPanther and Panthers89; I'd much prefer to have a regular rider, even if it's only as a short-term replacement.

And Berge certainly looked very impressive at the EoES a couple of weeks back. How does he go at other tracks?

Edited by PE7Panther

I agree with DazPanther and Panthers89; I'd much prefer to have a regular rider, even if it's only as a short-term replacement.

And Berge certainly looked very impressive at the EoES a couple of weeks back. How does he go at other tracks?

Is a bit hit and miss, BUT once gets dialed in, rides well it seems, certainly ALOT better than any of the others mentioned.

Exactly would be a good move imo

See Robert will be our number 1 come August,

Robert 8.56

MPT 6.20

Grondal 7.00

Lewis 6.53

Ully 8.00

Konokpra 3.00

Lambert 5.40

Lot of good that is. At least we can have a guest when he doesn't feel like riding. AGAIN and again. Bet he rides for Lynn next week

Anyhow looks like Berge is Redcar bound.

Just use him as a guest then or will Ged snap up another dropped rider from Redcar.

If he was signed on a temp basis would he be eligible for the fours

Edited by scoobydoo

Just use him as a guest then or will Ged snap up another dropped rider from Redcar.

If he was signed on a temp basis would he be eligible for the fours

By using guests all the while you lose the identity your own team provides and home track advantage.

• Like 1

But the flip side is you get to choose riders who go well at a particular track each time

• Like 1

What a disaster of a season. Unbelievable that we are still in the position we are and you've got to aplaud the promotion for that..unfortunately its not looking like we are going to win anything as we are running out of riders and options.

Got to try and take a positive out of the situation Lukas. The injuries have made it a bit of a disaster (understatement!) but the promotion, generally speaking, have mostly got it right with the guests they have picked. To come away with a point from Workington last night was good going I thought.

Sums it up today, Glasgow using roynon at reserve, and we're stuck with stormy weathers!

And it was a good point last night, was never going to be more with Morris guesting for Simon

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 2

Sums it up today, Glasgow using roynon at reserve, and we're stuck with stormy weathers!

And it was a good point last night, was never going to be more with Morris guesting for Simon

I could've told the Panthers promotion that before they went out and got Morris :rofl: It's a shame for Ashley, but he really hasn't had a good season. After that injury he sustained at our track last year whilst riding for Wolves, it's probably dinted his confidence somewhat and understandably so.