British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon V Coventry 6 October

OK - Coventry lead by 8 points going into this second leg. We won't see a repeat of the last Blunsdon encounter score wise - it will be much closer but I think that Swindon will progress to the final.

C'mon you Robins!!

• Like 1

I see on the Linksport site that comments have been made about the this meeting and that it may be a good idea to get the team some time on the track before monday.

http://swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/fansviewdeanwilson2

If possible this would be a good idea but do not know how practical arranging it would be.

If all the riders ride to their ability we should be able to overturn the lead of 8 points but expecting the overall score to be close.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

OK - Coventry lead by 8 points going into this second leg. We won't see a repeat of the last Blunsdon encounter score wise - it will be much closer but I think that Swindon will progress to the final.

C'mon you Robins!!

I think it depends which Coventry team turn up. If the Hans, Bomber and Hansen that ride to their ability turn up, then 8 points should be enough.

I think Cov are favourites for this. Everything has to go right for Swindon and as we know that rarely happens for any team.

8 points is a tricky amount and Swindon will have to hit hard from the beginning otherwise Coventry might just hold on?

Interesting meeting for sure.........I hope it turns out to be a cracker for the crowd and may the best team win.

When it comes to Playoffs, I really don't agree with the use of tacticals, this is when they should be banned for all four teams imo. Hope they are not used next monday by any team including Swindon.

• Like 1

When it comes to Playoffs, I really don't agree with the use of tacticals, this is when they should be banned for all four teams imo. Hope they are not used next monday by any team including Swindon.

I agree and we are likely to use it on Monday. If we keep it below 8 then it will be because of using a tactical or 2.

I agree and we are likely to use it on Monday. If we keep it below 8 then it will be because of using a tactical or 2.

I think that it is crazy at the best of times but in a 2 legged meeting! Surely the sensible thing if tacticals have to be used in the semi's, it should be based on the overall score. I can well remember Reading loosing the 2006 Final on tactical rides . Absolutely bonkers.

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 3

I'm sure Hans won't like it wet and heavy!

We just need to tuck in for 3-3's. Need Hansen to carry on his good run of form and Hans and Bomber to hit double figures.

Garrity should be good for 7 or 8

I think that it is crazy at the best of times but in a 2 legged meeting! Surely the sensible thing if tacticals have to be used in the semi's, it should be based on the overall score. I can well remember Reading loosing the 2006 Final on tactical rides . Absolutely bonkers.

basically what you are saying is that we cant use tatticals until we are 20 points behind on the night, what you are saying is in effect we cant use tatticals,

this wouldnt sound so bad if before the monday meeting you stated that tatticals couldnt be used, now just because you havent used them all of a sudden its a issue.

its only eight points everyone from swindon have been saying how great your team is, then its shouldn't be a problem should it!

I like tacticals especially in second legs :lol:

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if they can use a tatical ride on the advantage like say cov are ten points infront can they use it or do they have to be 10 points behind on the night to use it??

Can anyone tell me if they can use a tatical ride on the advantage like say cov are ten points infront can they use it or do they have to be 10 points behind on the night to use it??

10 on the night.