British Speedway Forum

No doubt Morten will find his form against us though and Plymouth will probably have strengthened their team with some changes by then .

Mind you , apart from the creditable draw at Somerset we've had our own issues away from home with some riders seriously underperforming.

Edited by Super Blue

Problem we have now is I think we look a lot less potent with Hawkins at reserve than Covatti. Even if Hawkins regains a bit of form and confidence, he's not likely to replicate Covatti's reserve scoring IMO.

Despite the comments above we've actually only had the one really poor away performance and that was at Peterborough, but I feel a lot less confident with Hawkins and Nielsen at reserve than Covatti and Nielsen, especially if Covatti's form suddenly takes a hit riding in the main body of the team.

the away performances have been better this season so far, but we still throw away winning positions. I have a feeling they are going to start getting worse though without nico at reserve. Both his and stefan's scores have kept us in meetings on the Road when other team members haven't performed like they should.

One thing we all know wont be lacking from Ritchie is effort and a desire to put it right.

One thing we all know wont be lacking from Ritchie is effort and a desire to put it right.

Agree. Seems to be one of the genuine nice guys in the sport and you rarely hear anyone have a bad word to say about the fella so I think we're all hoping he turns it around.

Having said that, if he doesn't show any signs of improvement over the coming weeks then he'll quite rightly come under huge pressure for his team place.

Fingers crossed he can pick up a few points at reserve on Monday to get him going again and then take it from there.

• Like 1

I don't imagine his team place Will be under pressure for ages yet. If there is one thing you can't fault ipswich on, it's giving the riders plenty of time.

I don't imagine his team place Will be under pressure for ages yet. If there is one thing you can't fault ipswich on, it's giving the riders plenty of time.

Which can of course end up costing things like not getting any trophy's !

Having said that loyalty in both directions is an admirable quality to have .

That's what I sort of meant, in the past some riders are given far to much time.

Definitely when JL was running the show. But Chris Louis seems to be slightly more reactive to poor performers.

Both Makinen and Doolan were both binned in recent seasons after prolonged poor performances so at least he has shown that although riders still get a fair crack of the whip, if poor performances carry on too long then he'll act.

Very difficult to be critical of promoters though who are loyal to riders for longer than they probably should be, even though it can be frustrating for us supporters.

• Like 1

It's not that difficult to be critical really. It's supposed to be a professional sports club, and from my own point of view, I want to see my team win things if possible. I do believe though that Ritchie should be given a fair chance of turning things around, and I think he will.

Edited by baldyman

I also think Ritchie will turn it around and hopefully that will be by scoring a bagfull of points from reserve . At the moment though , as well as obviously his head not being in the right place im not sure his equipment is up to much either , it just seems like he's got no speed . Perhaps Chris Louis can sort it out ?

How many more meetings is Tungate going to cost the Witches? This guy is a fraud with his home form disguising his woeful away performances.

And theres another one!

Surpassed himself this time by costing as a home meeting as well as the usual away ones.

Once again he's shown that he does not have the setup, backup or strength to travel to a European meeting and then backmtomthe UK for a league meeting in the same weekend.

I would pass comment on his ability to pass on track but frankly there's nothing to talk about!

• Like 1

Hoping the lads will get their backsides into gear when I go to Newcastle this weekend.