British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Somerset V Ipswich Fri 10th Oct

Dont expect anyone to give the Witches a hope.

Somerset should walk it but until it over theres always that chance!

• Like 1

Now come on we've definitely got a chance.

Unfortunately it's " NOT A BLOODY CATS CHANCE IN HELL " !!!

Unless, maybe somebody can doctor the Rebels fuel in some way so they all break down in half the heats.

• Like 1

I do like the way some are talking this up to be a good meeting still. Okay fair enough its not all over yet, and we may still get a result, but for that to happen in think Somerset will have needed to have had 16 engine failures and as long as we had 2 finishers in every race, we would win.

• Like 1

Its in Somersets own hands now, thanks to Scunthorpe. But im very sure Garry and the boys will be taking nothing for granted. A professional job needs to be done..

Its easy to write off the witches chances but you never know in speedway. It's been a mystery why witches have performed so poorly in the past at the OTA. They have some experienced riders and you never know how much the weather will play a part on the track conditions especially at this time of year. This should be a cracking meeting and I hope that both Olly and Charles are fit enough to return.

The reason we perform badly there, is because of track position, we never ride wide wide enough on the fastest lines, so we get passed and are not on the right line to do any passing, that's why we don't do very well. We don't have enough proper leg back racers.

• Like 2

One last chance for redemption then BM!

• Like 1

No Witches teams in recent years seem capable of pulliung off that remarkable sort of performance. I'm not a fan of the expression, but it's the "killer instinct" that's missing - definitely was last night when the Scorpions were there for the taking.

It would be good if they put on a good performance, and by good performance I mean if they don't keep getting overtaken and do some passing themselves, and then they may only lose by around 10,, which would be a good performance in my eyes. Anything around 20 points or more means they still haven't learnt how to race the track.

• Like 1

No Witches teams in recent years seem capable of pulliung off that remarkable sort of performance. I'm not a fan of the expression, but it's the "killer instinct" that's missing - definitely was last night when the Scorpions were there for the taking.

They should have come away with at least a point. They should have put it all into this meeting. Now they could pay the price..

Edited by Starman2006

Starman2006, on 04 Oct 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Its in Somersets own hands now, thanks to Scunthorpe. But im very sure Garry and the boys will be taking nothing for granted. A professional job needs to be done..

Are you Garry May's "Lovechild".

• Like 1

My head says " don't be an idiot and go all that way to see us get stuffed", but my heart is saying " you've got a couple of holiday days left, why not?". I'll wait until I see the forecast then decide. But realisticly the rebels are awesome at home, even when Berwick got a good start a few weeks ago, the rebels just moved up another gear with a load of 5-1's.

Anything is possible,but winning at the OTA isn't usually one of them.

Are you Garry May's "Lovechild".

I know, Jealousys a terrible thing. You'l get over it. In time, But don't let me stand in your way.. Although his good lady might have something to say. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

I feel that a lot of the Ipswich problems come from the higher management, you can have a team of world champions but if the right vibes are not forthcoming from above then negativity sets in with the team, I understand that a new team manager was brought in but was it too little too late.

Maybe Chris & John should sublet the promotional rights to someone with new ideas, not that Chris & John are doing anything wrong but possibly their style of promoting has aged and not moved forward enough with the times