British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

How many Bees fixtures did Garrity miss this year riding for Rye House??

Story I heard was that Garrity (and/or Rye House) weren't keen on him riding for a Friday track the day before Rye House matches in case he gets a knock or machinery problems.

They'd prefer he rides for Rye on Saturday and then does his EL afterwards on a Monday. Although Wolverhampton wasn't the track I heard mentioned.

Story I heard was that Garrity (and/or Rye House) weren't keen on him riding for a Friday track the day before Rye House matches in case he gets a knock or machinery problems.

They'd prefer he rides for Rye on Saturday and then does his EL afterwards on a Monday. Although Wolverhampton wasn't the track I heard mentioned.

he can get a knock as you say rideing for any team.

he can get a knock as you say rideing for any team.

But it's only at a Friday track that a knock or machine problems are less than 24 hours before a Rye House home match.

If he has a problem at a Monday track he has 5 days to get himself sorted or for Uncle Len to get a replacement. If he has a problem at a Friday track Uncle Len has less than 24 hours to sort things.

Presumably, much depends on whether Garrity is still a FTD rider next year. If he is then, unless he becomes an asset of an EL club, he should go into the draft as this year and clubs choose starting with the bottom club. Chance are he could then end up at Leicester, depending on who else is in the draft.

It would be entirely wrong for any club to have first call on a FTD rider just because they finished in the bottom half of the league this year and so had one of the first picks of the riders available.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Presumably, much depends on whether Garrity is still a FTD rider next year. If he is then, unless he becomes an asset of an EL club, he should go into the draft as this year and clubs choose starting with the bottom club. Chance are he could then end up at Leicester, depending on who else is in the draft.

It would be entirely wrong for any club to have first call on a FTD rider just because they finished in the bottom half of the league this year and so had one of the first picks of the riders available.

You make a very good point.

Assuming that the draft will be updated it should go to one rider one pick , bottom upwards again.

Watch the Poole and Cov fans start moaning now!

You make a very good point.

Assuming that the draft will be updated it should go to one rider one pick , bottom upwards again.

Watch the Poole and Cov fans start moaning now!

Steve they may do that which is right but you also have the protected asset riders like last season we have a few that come to mind Edited by kingbee

Steve they may do that which is right but you also have the protected asset riders like last season we have a few that come to mind

The same few yes. Tho as Wolves get 3rd pick i`m sure they would go for someone like Blackbird instead of staying with Morris. Lynn may (and should) only get one pick again tho.

The same few yes. Tho as Wolves get 3rd pick i`m sure they would go for someone like Blackbird instead of staying with Morris. Lynn may (and should) only get one pick again tho.

I agree but if they bring rides like Auty, Roynan, Birks ect I could see us going for Roynan

I agree but if they bring rides like Auty, Roynan, Birks ect I could see us going for Roynan

I do hope those you mentioned are included in any draft next year. Be nice to have the top 4 draft riders from last year added to those mentioned as number 6 reserve picks.

But it makes sense if Cov go for Roynon or Auty. Assuming your have any choice in picks.

Think if the draft riders are of a higher standard as suggested, they will ride where they want, rather than be picked as last year.

• Like 1

Think if the draft riders are of a higher standard as suggested, they will ride where they want, rather than be picked as last year.

can not see that happening protected riders as last year then pick bottom team first depends on Agm decision

I do hope those you mentioned are included in any draft next year. Be nice to have the top 4 draft riders from last year added to those mentioned as number 6 reserve picks.

But it makes sense if Cov go for Roynon or Auty. Assuming your have any choice in picks.

Nice to have sensible discussion with someone Steve makes a change from some on here by the way I don't think Auty is a Cov asset any more
  • Like 1

Why should these riders be forced to ride at a track that doesn't suit them ? Unless they are going to pay a lot more than £40 pound a point, I can't see the attraction for any of them, especially if the other reserve is going to be stronger, as rumored.

Why should these riders be forced to ride at a track that doesn't suit them ? Unless they are going to pay a lot more than £40 pound a point, I can't see the attraction for any of them, especially if the other reserve is going to be stronger, as rumored.

It will have to be more than 40 quid a point if you add the likes of Birks, Auty, Roynon and Howarth.

can not see that happening protected riders as last year then pick bottom team first depends on Agm decision

Nice to have sensible discussion with someone Steve makes a change from some on here by the way I don't think Auty is a Cov asset any more

Did Birmingham buy him? I'm not to sure?

Scunthorpe bought Auty. We got a few of the NL in the deal.