British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Brilliant news, well done Mick. I really like this young man, great talent and potential, British and a real character. More good news from the Coventry camp.

• Like 3

Brilliant news. Garrity is now a bees asset and Kennett is a Rye House asset.

Makes a lot of sense and feel we have got the much better end of the deal 🐝

• Like 2

Sound business. At last we're rid of Kennett, what a waste of £30k he was!

It's great to have Jason as a proper Bee :approve:

In other news, Poole are still sweating over Ward, shame innit!

• Like 1

Worst bit of business Coventry ever did when they were forced into buying Kennett, a total waste of money. Should get our money`s worth out of Jason, well done to Mick .....

Good news ,I don't see Kennett as being bad business tbh ,he has been loaned out a few times to offset the purchase price and now we have upgraded for a right little terrier.i am assuming it was a straight swap.

Up the bees

Edited by naffer

Good news ,I don't see Kennett as being bad business tbh ,he has been loaned out a few times to offset the purchase price and now we have upgraded for a right little terrier.i am assuming it was a straight swap.

Up the bees

Doubt very much it was a straight swap. I would imagine Mick had to top it up a bit . Dont have any idea how much loan fees are but I doubt very much they recouped the massive fee they paid for him...

Edited by dornier

Doubt very much it was a straight swap. I would imagine Mick had to top it up a bit .

Kennett is a proven performer. Garrity is potential. I'd imagine the two cancel each other out TBF.

I'd be happy with the swap if I were a Bee's fan...

Only one of them is going to get better.

• Like 3

Benson, you must be on the wind up. Kennet is the better rider by far at the moment.

Lol. Did you ever watch him ride in EL for bees. Went from 8point average to a 5point one.

aside from the cheating, Kennett only seems to be able to preform well for couple of months and then loses all form.

Sadly he seems to be going backwards whilst Garrity is a young lad, keen to learn and keeps getting better.

Look at last years British final

Kennett scored 3 whilst Garrity scored 9 including race wins over Woffy & Kennett and a place in semi final.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I watched Kennet do a passing move once... 1976 for white city pity it was his dad

Always looked like he was going to but just never did

• Like 3

Let's not re-write history. I'm not Kennett fan, never really was. But we signed him on 6.5 and he averaged about 8 that first season so that first season it was too hard to criticize. But he was frustrating, he used to buzz around the guy in front of him, going wide and trying to cut back but did he ever actually manage to pass anyone that way?

He wasn't always bad and is a decent enough rider. But equally, he cheated, he cheated while riding as a Bee and I would prefer it if my club had as little an association with cheats as possible - especially those who's cheating cost us.

I'm glad he's gone but don't make out he was always the anti-Christ.

It seems Horton and Hansen are in dispute over Kevlars. Hansen wants his money back but I always assumed riders get there money back when they are returned? I'd just pay him back, not worth the hassle.

• Like 2