British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

A go fundme has been set up (by fans) for anybody who would like to show their support to the riders & club and donate towards the fines the SCB has shamefully handed out.

Riders safety should always come first

http://tw.gofund.me/zjgz8s

Edited by mdmc82

Peterborough is a showground and they';re often turfed out as short notice as something else is taking place........

The short notice this time was the Scunthorpe match on July 12th but why on earth this date was given I don't know because even I knew almost 12 months ago that a big dog show was taking place that weekend because we always go. Well they've got fair warning for 2016 as 'Just Dogs Live' is on 8th/9th/10th of July.

A go fundme has been set up (by fans) for anybody who would like to show their support to the riders & club and donate towards the fines the SCB has shamefully handed out.

Riders safety should always come first

http://tw.gofund.me/zjgz8s

£10 raised in 9 hours! They were rightly fined for not going out to race! Don't use the rider safety card when there were 9 heats previous to it in the same conditions! The meeting should never have started but it did.

• Like 6

£10 raised in 9 hours! They were rightly fined for not going out to race! Don't use the rider safety card when there were 9 heats previous to it in the same conditions! The meeting should never have started but it did.

The previous 9 heats were not in similar conditions. Once an official says he will inspect the track after heat 9 a management has every right not to send riders out until said inspection is done. If the official then passes the track as rideable then yes riders should go out but not before the inspection happened. It was all to get to heat 10 asap.

We will hear more at the meeting on the 23rd July regarding what's going on with Brandon or a new stadium.

Edited by woz01

If the thousands that pack the Brandon terraces each week gave £1 each then they would be at 8k before they know it. They would even have some extra cash to send Bomber on a reeding and riting course.

• Like 1

Ridiculous to have a gofundme page.

The fans were already cheated out of money by seeing 9 and a half heats instead of 15, and now someone wants them to come up with more money?

• Like 7

The short notice this time was the Scunthorpe match on July 12th but why on earth this date was given I don't know because even I knew almost 12 months ago that a big dog show was taking place that weekend because we always go. Well they've got fair warning for 2016 as 'Just Dogs Live' is on 8th/9th/10th of July.

A BIG dog show taking place? What about the rights of the medium and small dogs? Are they being penalised just because of their size?

• Like 6

Tomorrow nights meeting at the NSSC is an evening with Gary Havelock, interviewed by David Rowe.

Everybody is welcome at our new venue, non-members only £3.00.

All money raised goes to help British Youth speedway, the "Young Lions".

Details here; http://www.younglionsspeedway.co.uk/next-guest-at-the-nssc-gary-havelock-all-proceeds-for-the-young-lions/

• Like 1

Been 3 days now and still only £10 raised!!

• Like 2

Don't think he really let people know he was doing it. Just a tweet on his Twitter account which most bees fans won't have seen. A collection at the track may have been better.

Don't think he really let people know he was doing it. Just a tweet on his Twitter account which most bees fans won't have seen. A collection at the track may have been better.

Looking good for top spot now and the all important pick for the playoffs

Long way to go yet. Poole's slip up at Wolves shows anything can happen along the way.

We still have to win our remaining fixtures which won't be easy.

Edited by mdmc82

Long way to go yet. Poole's slip up at Wolves shows anything can happen along the way.

We still have to win our remaining fixtures which won't be easy.

Can't see anyone beating us at home and I think we can best Lakeside away next week and Kings Lynn at home, which should wrap it up. Looking at Poole they could loose at home to Swindon and away at Belle vue.

Can't see anyone beating us at home and I think we can best Lakeside away next week and Kings Lynn at home, which should wrap it up. Looking at Poole they could loose at home to Swindon and away at Belle vue.

I don't think Swindon will be a certain home win. Whilst I don't think they look great away from home,I think ours is going to be their strongest away track with Batchelor & Ward strong on our track & two ex bees in Zengi & Morris. A lot will depend on their other 3 riders that are currently weaker than our reserves.

I'd prefer to look at it as, it's our place to lose now, rather than looking good. Poole now need 1 more away win that Coventry don't get form the same number of away meetings (Lakeside, Swindon and Lynn for the Bees vs BV, Lakeside and Leicester for Poole) or for the Bees to lose a home meeting that Poole don't and both have two home meetings against Swindon meaning they potentially still have quite a big say.