British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

@DannyKingRacing: Brill day at coventry press and practice. Team spirit was awesome. A great bunch of lads and management. Loved getting on track again.

• Like 2

I got there a tad late but was able to speak to one of the riders and the overall opinion of the track was great --- no ruts or bumps evident. Onwards and upwards for the 2015 season. (The only downside was the attitude of the bar staff --- I'm so terribly sorry that I inconvenienced them for a drink)

Hans Andersen with a Meridian Lifts logo. Some things never change.

No. Wait, they do and hell does occasionally freeze over. = )

Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1

Jamrog looked decent, hard to tell when he's just practicing on his own though. Sarj looked good too, riding some wider lines.

The biggest plus was the track though, hats off to the track man because that's the best I've seen it for a long time.

• Like 4

Seems from what I've read that Brandon has had bit if a clean up which is good to hear.

Edited by woz01

Is Hans at the press and practice as he is absent at Leicester.

Yes he was and then Hans flew back home today as his mother passed away so that's why he won't be racing at Leicester.

• Like 1

Worrying display today esp our middle order. Could be a long season if rest of the meetings are the same.

Sorry but even after this meeting and the one at swindon it shows Jamrog is not the answer. Time to review before we're cut adrift

• Like 3

Morrissey Fan, on 15 Mar 2015 - 2:12 PM, said:

MJJ would be a good signing.

He's said NOT interested at all ... Think we all know why MJJ is avoiding the UK ..Don't we ?

• Like 1

You have to give Jamrog a few more meetings, it will be a pressure meeting for him on Friday. He has to improve.

Edited by woz01

You have to give Jamrog a few more meetings, it will be a pressure meeting for him on Friday. He has to improve.

I'm sure he will improve, but is he going to improve so rapidly that he can average 6.50 or more in the next couple of weeks? Because that's what we will need from our number 4 if we want to have a good go at making the play offs, it's a tough league this season.

I think he is not at EL standard yet and needs to go and develop himself in the PL for a while first.

Edited by deanr1
  • Like 1

Hoping Adam Roynon is okay after his crash at Peterborough. When will his luck change.

I'm sure he will improve, but is he going to improve so rapidly that he can average 6.50 or more in the next couple of weeks? Because that's what we will need from our number 4 if we want to have a good go at making the play offs, it's a tough league this season.

I think he is not at EL standard yet and needs to go and develop himself in the PL for a while first.

I'd like to see what he does at Brandon on Friday, hes ridden there before and put in a quick time so he should know what to expect. We have time and room to make changes if necessary in the next month, if he and Robson continue scoring low then I'm sure changes will happen.

The beuty of being a point under the limit that that we don't need to panic- we have plenty of scope to replace the two second strings if things don't improver and theres plenty of options out there - you only need one PL 6-9 pointer to decide to have a great season and you sign them up to replace Robbo is he's still struggling. But judging Robbo on a track like Leicester, probably not the best idea!