British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Hans may not be the rider he once was but he still averages more than all but Niels, Doyle and Ward in 2014 and his partnership with Bomber achieved something like 12 more 5-1s that ANY other pair in the Elite League in 2014. Sadly he had a 4 week poor spell that just happened to be the 4 weeks we didnt want him to be poor but I'd still have him back just because he fits in so well with the other I'd like to see us sign and the reasons just mentioned. The trouble with AJ is that with this format he'd lose a point straight away and that's silly IMO.

As for Covatti, no thanks. Only averaged 4.2 in the PL for Sheffield. Forget about him. He got a 4.5 average as he only had to have 3 rides every meeting for Brum in 2013, once of which would have been heat 2. Throw in 1 or 2 good meetings and he didn't have to do a lot for that 4.5 average. Then last season he didnt nothing except beat the occasional draft rider (and he didn't do that very often!). Would prefer we use a number of rider ahead of him - personally not a fan at all.

As for my Mads, King and Cook suggestions, any rider who spent all last year as a heat leader is on a bargain average than but for a handful of meetings for King this 3 did. They'll all swap around between second string and heat leader so none of them should ever see there form drop but a few meetings as second string could see them gain some confidence and start to fly. Mads is also brilliant at Brandon and highly likeable - being liked everywhere he goes (aside from Leicester). Cook while I'm not a huge fan has clearly got something (the ability to gate like a machine) and his 7.5 EL average is 2013 proved that. King is just solid and dependable these days, isn't ever going to be a star man but he'll do you a good middle order job. I would like to see Cook riding EL and abroad rather than EL and PL though if we signed him.

Edited by SCB

Andersen

Howarth

King

Fisher

Harris

Roynon

Sarjeant

It is very important we keep Howarth, Harris and Sarjeant as the backbone. Andersen really wasn't as bad as some people made out and I think Fisher was good enough as a second string.

As for Covatti, no thanks. Only averaged 4.2 in the PL for Sheffield. Forget about him. He got a 4.5 average as he only had to have 3 rides every meeting for Brum in 2013, once of which would have been heat 2. Throw in 1 or 2 good meetings and he didn't have to do a lot for that 4.5 average. Then last season he didnt nothing except beat the occasional draft rider (and he didn't do that very often!). Would prefer we use a number of rider ahead of him - personally not a fan at all.

Must agree with you regards Covatti. Never got the excitement from Birmingham fans when he came back on a `bargain average`. Stayed at reserve and improved slightly but not the `next big thing` some Birmingham fans thought.

I am shocked how much he struggled at Sheffield and has had a poor season in the PL. Not good enough for the EL it seems and way too much of a risk for an EL team to include him.

Michelsen and Woodward could also be in with a shout for a bees spot but I'd go with what SCB has posted. Always thought Danny King should be a Bee, does well at Brandon.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Adam Roynon is definitely worth sticking with - he if gets a full season he will very likely improve. The problem is as we all know is he is so prone to injuries. He was great at Peterborough at the end of last season and brought a bit of light out of the gloom! I hope he gets a place at Coventry and stays injury-free.

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1

I'd be happy with Roynon and Sarjeant. I think with Sarjeant we could end up with the best number 7 although the reserve pairings will be much closer next year.

• Like 1

I'd love Jason Garrity back, not just for his riding but his enthusiasm in the pits. And why not have Sarj as well. Keeping the two would certainly aid their development and build a comminality with the fans.

Keep the triple H (Hans, Harris & Howarth) and fill the gaps with another heat leader class rider and take a gamble on someone with a low average.

I'd love Jason Garrity back, not just for his riding but his enthusiasm in the pits. And why not have Sarj as well. Keeping the two would certainly aid their development and build a comminality with the fans.

Keep the triple H (Hans, Harris & Howarth) and fill the gaps with another heat leader class rider and take a gamble on someone with a low average.

Completely agree

A converted premier league average I would guess ,SCB is your rule guru though.

His average was 6.75 for rye house would convert to just over 4 by my maths.

I was very disappointed with Anderson towards the end of the season, if he didn't make the gate that was it. I would much prefer a team of racers and a number one that does not give up. Bomber, Garrity, Sarjeant and Howarth would be first on my team sheet, all good entertaining riders. Personally I think we need a new number one, I would love to see AJ back, but I question if he would have the commitment. I suppose much depends on finances this year as to the make up of the team, especially at the top end.

Surely andersen cannot be considered a number one anymore

His hard overtaking moves are a thing of the past - a gating tart now who loses to some woeful riders if they out gate him.

Also went completely missing at the business end of 2014

Surely the cov management should be doing all in their power to tempt jonsson and harris back

Jonsson, harris, scheiln as top 3 and roynon and sargeant as reserves then fill in the gaps

Looks good to me

• Like 1

1. Andreas jonsson 9.66

2. Kyle howarth 5.27

3. Mads korneliussen 5.95

4. Kim nilsson 5.63

5. Chris harris 7.49

Jonsson may get an average reduction now he hasn't ridden here for a few years and it's much more difficult for heat leader these days.

1 Andersen

2 Howarth

3 King

4 Michelsen

5 Harris

6 Roynon

7 Sarjeant

In an ideal world I'd try and sign Kildemand or Tai at number 1, if they do stay in Britain the teams that sign them will have a bargain on their hands.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

1. Andreas jonsson 9.66

2. Kyle howarth 5.27

3. Mads korneliussen 5.95

4. Kim nilsson 5.63

5. Chris harris 7.49

Wouldn't want Kim, very poor last season esp on our track