British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

MJJ...the rider that let us down before? No thanks!

By let us down you mean rode for his Swedish club of 3 seasons in a play-off meeting? Flip things around and you'd have expected him to ride for us.

By let us down you mean rode for his Swedish club of 3 seasons in a play-off meeting? Flip things around and you'd have expected him to ride for us.

The club expected it and got rid.Do you honestly think they'd have him back?

• Like 1

The club expected it and got rid.Do you honestly think they'd have him back?

They won't. But that doesn't make it the right decision. They were wrong to drop him last year. Should have sucked it up at BV (or got him banned for 14 days) but we ended up with Barker/Fricke in the play-offs who scored 2 real point between them(4 over all). MJJ would have been good for 10 - making the tie very close over all.

They won't. But that doesn't make it the right decision. They were wrong to drop him last year. Should have sucked it up at BV (or got him banned for 14 days) but we ended up with Barker/Fricke in the play-offs who scored 2 real point between them(4 over all). MJJ would have been good for 10 - making the tie very close over all.

They didn't and they won't so that's another moot point then :D

Totally agree SCB about MJJ, I thought he did alright for us last year without us ever really seeing the best of him, maybe we would have seen him step it up in the play offs and really shine, dropping him was a bad move. Realistically he should be one of the top 10 EL riders if he was here and fully committed, but there lies the problem! Like you say though, it's a pipe dream... I think! :-)

Bech was one of the best visiting riders I've seen at Brandon in recent times when he came with Lakeside last year, but looks to have gone off the boil a bit, would still be a decent improvement over Robbo. I think that's an unlikely one.

Edited by deanr1

They didn't and they won't so that's another moot point then :D

if you don't ask you don't get ;) I've asked, if Mick gets a bang to the head you never know.... :D

Howarth was great last year and I feel returning to Swindon was a step backwards as they failed to get the same out of him as Coventry & Havvy did last year.

What a crock - he was riding well this year and continues to show improvement. He is the logical replacement for Robbo and I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up

• Like 1

I think Howarth and Horton fell out when he thought the grass was greener on the other side so can't see him taking him back

I think Howarth and Horton fell out when he thought the grass was greener on the other side so can't see him taking him back

Havelock said that Howarth has contacted both himself and Harris to ask about returning to Coventry. I guess though it's down to Horton at the end of the day.

What a crock - he was riding well this year and continues to show improvement. He is the logical replacement for Robbo and I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up

He was pretty average last year until the playoffs where he excelled !! This going backwards under rosco is utter rubbish !!

Wouldn't trust Pedersen if we were up against Poole

Doesn't matter they won't change because the promotion lack ambition and the bollocxx to do it.

If and when Coventry replace Robbo they need someone who can ride the Brandon well. The meetings I have been to this season including Friday night's v KL, demonstrate to me that they won't win the play-offs unless they can improve their home form. All of the potential play-off opponents ride Brandon well and although the Bees are great away from home, i don't believe they will have enough over the 2 legs.

• Like 4

If and when Coventry replace Robbo they need someone who can ride the Brandon well. The meetings I have been to this season including Friday night's v KL, demonstrate to me that they won't win the play-offs unless they can improve their home form. All of the potential play-off opponents ride Brandon well and although the Bees are great away from home, i don't believe they will have enough over the 2 legs.

have to agree we are very fragile at home, shows itself when the away team has half decent reserves

• Like 2