British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

The league is weaker we know that ,but i do think some of the other teams will have better reserves than last year.Is it a team i would want to watch everyweek not for me but who knows we shall see.

King is better than Barker and Woodward is better than Hansen, the side will be stronger.

He averaged less than 7 at home and over 5 away in 2014

I looked at Woodward away scores and they looked ok last season considering some of those were as heat leader.

Not a bad side, both King and Woodward can improve their averages. People go on about Woodwards 'away' average, lets see how he fits in with the team before slating him, maybe a change of scenery will inspire him more.

Anderson seems the most likely option for #1 which leaves me wondering who will fit, looking at the GSA from the bspa site there doesn't appear to be anyone of note that has a 5.12 average,

• Like 1

Welcome to Brandon Danny King. No surprise but I'm happy with him joining, always been impressed with him round Brandon and should be solid away.

Fair play to the promotion, only two riders to go and still only 1st December! Normally we wait to the new year to get our first!

I'm still hoping we might get a surprise but if not can only see Hans with robbo or summers. If so it will be a solid team with plenty of racers, if a little underwhelming in terms of characters or the unknown rider excitement.

My initial reaction is that!

But maybe the characters of last year didn't work? When the team changes year on year, it feels like it's an experiment all the time. WE know Hans and Bomber work well together. It's such a simple concept, but it gets overlooked at times. When you work in a big industry, you can avoid the ones you don't like, click with etc. But it's a small consideration and when you have effectively 7 riders + mechanics+ promotion etc. There will; be niggles, it's normal :)

If SCB is right and I don't doubt him. I think the team dynamics will be different this year. We shall see. but there is so much more to team spirit than just saying it.

Look at 2013, Scott Nicholls said it and the team ended up in tatters.

That said, I don't like the look of the team if what SCB say's is true, it smacks of mediocrity :)

Hey ho, we shall see!

• Like 1

Well Mick Horton said on the radio talk in show at the end of the season that we were in the market for a new number one. So he either has a surprise in store, or he doesn't rate andersen but can't get no one else and we're back on plan B?

That said, I don't like the look of the team if what SCB say's is true, it smacks of mediocrity :)

That sounds like music to my ears.

;-)

if the last 2 was woffinden and schlein who both fit into the points limit, I think that would make the bees everyones favourites, and would walk the league.

Has someone missed the news on Woffy? lol

• Like 1

That sounds like music to my ears.

;-)

You can do one Brum . Let's see who you announce ;)

Better than last year you hope.......

Tai who? :D

Jacques, on 01 Dec 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

You can do one Brum . Let's see who you announce ;)

Better than last year you hope.......

Tai who? :D

Who is this Tai you speak of?! lol

You better hope Hans is back or a number otherwise my wish for the Bees might just come true!

Has someone missed the news on Woffy? lol

No

Who is this Tai you speak of?! lol

You better hope Hans is back or a number otherwise my wish for the Bees might just come true!

Hans is back, didn't you know. The rumour mill told us :D

I can't understand all the negativity about this team.

Last year's team was well received. Yet even assuming that our final two signings are Andersen and Summers, this side is better than last years.

Woodward for Hansen makes us stronger. I think that there could be more to come from him and the move away from Eastbourne could do him good.

King in the Fisher/Barker/RR/Jepsen Jensen position also makes us stronger. There won't be many better 3rd heat leaders this year.

Sure, if we've lost Howarth, that's a big loss, bearing in mind his end of season form. But Summers is on a nice attractive average and is usually good value at Brandon.

So we gain two and lose one.

Finally, I can't believe anyone would imply that a team with Bomber and Garrity in would be dull!

• Like 3

No

Hans is back, didn't you know. The rumour mill told us :D

So Ward it is then ! PMFSL

no but the sentence does start with the word IF, and strange things do happen in this sport and money does talk.

If money talked Tai would be at Wolves.

IF.

• Like 1

Two points Howarth has not signed for Workington it looks as though there's no room left for him there he has a fantastic average Mick Horton has done a great job so far I guess there should be some good news there. I reading local press that Danny King could be missing some Fridays who owns his contract Cov/Ipswich/Bspa interesting. I see good season despite usual pesimists. Horton doing great job!