British Speedway Forum
SCB

Ftd Reserves

Looking at the list Darryl Ritchings from Swindon is not on it, yet he asked to be included, and tweets indicate there are more.

It doesn't mention any ranking order on either Tier 1 or tier 2!!

For example look at how far down Sergeant is in Tier 2?? Below Compton? Seriously?!

Haven't they heard of 'conference calls' or 'facetime'?? Silly question I guess.

Compton finished with a higher NL average than Sarjeant.

It's seemingly done purely based on PL averages, and then NL averages if they've never achieved an average of over 3.

Draw delayed due to traffic. how can the sport expect to be taken seriously when two years running we have a live draw in twitter and two years running it's run late? And last years was poorly done, it should be one name announced every 2 minutes, not 3 or 4 one one tweet. Make it last 30-40 minutes, bit of suspense. Even if in reality the draw is done in 3 or 4 minutes in the office.

Riders get fined for not attending a meeting in good time.

Fine the Promoters who are late and start without them, then let them pick from who's left in the order they arrive! ;)

British Speedway is on its knees and sinking rather quickly.

• Like 2

Looking at the list Darryl Ritchings from Swindon is not on it, yet he asked to be included, and tweets indicate there are more.

Brendan Johnson also agreed to be in the list and had emailed confirmation, but his name is missing too...

Draw delayed due to traffic. how can the sport expect to be taken seriously when two years running we have a live draw in twitter and two years running it's run late? And last years was poorly done, it should be one name announced every 2 minutes, not 3 or 4 one one tweet. Make it last 30-40 minutes, bit of suspense. Even if in reality the draw is done in 3 or 4 minutes in the office.

Exactly this.

They should have a hashtag set up, and space each pick out, it can get fans tweetin about who will pick who next etc, and have a chance at trending (even if it is only in certain areas) and therefore promoting the sport.

And quite why they need to be in Rugby to select their picks is a joke. surely it could be done online/conference call?

Edited by beesboybert

How so? Thats that same EL with that format that they'll be scoring the points in again this year.

Plug Auty's 4/5 point EL figure from 2013 in with the likes of Blackbird who averaged 8 odd because of the fast track heats last year and there's a big disparity.

No it isn't. PL runs to a completely different race format.

All the tier one riders rode PL last season, not all raced in the EL. Makes more sense to order them on averages gained in the same league. The FTD riders last year were poles apart in some cases too meaning the top riders were getting points pretty much handed to them in the reserve races, something which shouldn't happen as often next year.

Nothing mentioned on Sky news or BBC about any delay. :shock:

• Like 1

If thats the order i m o its b/s you should work out an average from the league that they race in and only use the N L averages to work out where the new riders fit in.

ie Newman was one of the best draft riders in the Elite league but for some reason did not do as well in the Prem league so how can you use his Prem league form to judge how he did in the Elite league.

That can't be the order as surely Worrall needs to be top so The Aces choose last from tier 2.

Business as usual I see.

Brendan Johnson also agreed to be in the list and had emailed confirmation, but his name is missing too...

I can't believe I'm not on the list either. I want a draft place too. What a joke!

Casually refreshing Twitter every minute... I'd like them to have it done by the time I go to work. Bit poor that it's late.

Prediction time Poole Newman/Rose or sargent.If not one of those two Poole will still end up with one of the strongest pairs this year,seeing as the top team from last season should get last pick this makes the draft system the way it is done look a little silly.

• Like 1

When is the new proposed start time? Any news on that?

I dont know who has organised the draft this year but its turned out like British Speedway in general. Auty, Garritty, Newman fast track riders ?? lol you may as well include all British riders its a total farce.. Poole will pick Newman and am i correct in thinking they have last pick of Tier 1 but 1st pick of Tier 2 ?.

All of the Tier 1,s should be in the full 1 to 5s, and Tier 2 really should be the Fast Track riders..its a complete joke, FAST Track for riders who have been around for years, what a farce..

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 3