British Speedway Forum
iannewsman

Stoke Potters Sadly, The Perennial Failures

Probably the same insurance we had in 08 when we were broken in to.

Or 2011 when we were broken in to. Both of which caused "Thousands of pounds of damage"

Don't forget the flood

Does seem a rather blasé way to protect your investment if it's constantly being broken into.

Sad though it is, I'm sure the insurance will cover it.

There won't be any insurance to claim on. To quote the promoter, "No company will touch the place as we've been broken into so many times." They haven't had that sort of insurance cover for many years.

Edited by iannewsman

Well in one way it may be considered to be sad, but in another way providing someone could purchase the Speedway rights from Dave Tatum, it could be a blessing in disguise.

Maybe....maybe not. Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for

Maybe....maybe not. Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for

I understand what you say, better the devil you know, but i did stress the Speedway rights, Dave could retain the Stock Cars, and lets be totally honest here there are a few Speedway fans that have been alienated over the Years, including Im led to believe the former supporters Club. The sticking point may be, just what would any potential new promoter be buying ? the rights to promote Speedway, Flat track, and any Motorcycle related sport. I guess rent would still be payable to the Corbetts without there being a middleman, it would not be viable at the moment for someone to rely on Speedway to generate enough income, i noticed somewhere The Scunthorpe Promoter said income from Amateur meetings was vital, and there is no reason the same couldnt be done at Stoke, again it would be vital to get the correct deal when thrashing out just what is being purchased.

I really wish everyone good luck at Stoke, and truly hope that something can be sorted out in time for the 2015 season, providing there is goodwill on all sides i dont see any reason why Speedway and Stock cars cannot continue.

Tattum is going all out for publicity here, Steve Rees the banger racing promoter has already stated that the work needed to repair damage has been sorted and the banger meeting next Sunday is most definitely on! And with 50 unlimited bangers Booked in the place will be full. If Tattum spent more time promoting his product then they would be far stronger. I get the distinct impression he is trying to earn money out of this "vandal" attack.

Tattum is going all out for publicity here, Steve Rees the banger racing promoter has already stated that the work needed to repair damage has been sorted and the banger meeting next Sunday is most definitely on! And with 50 unlimited bangers Booked in the place will be full. If Tattum spent more time promoting his product then they would be far stronger. I get the distinct impression he is trying to earn money out of this "vandal" attack.

Yes if you read the press release that says the money in reserve to run the Potters next year has been spent on repairs. Therefore leaving the club short of funds to run next season so Dave is unsure if he can make it viable or not. It's not the stadium that's in doubt it's the Potters

Edited by TMW

Yes if you read the press release that says the money in reserve to run the Potters next year has been spent on repairs. Therefore leaving the club short of funds to run next season so Dave is unsure if he can make it viable or not. It's not the stadium that's in doubt it's the Potters

Comment November 14 by Steve Rees on the Startrax website re Stoke: " Next Meeting Information Stoke Stadium

Chesterton Stadium – Loomer Road, Chesterton Nr Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffs ST5 7LB

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We have expended some £10000 during the course of 2014 on massive improvement to the Stoke track which drivers have commented upon positively.

Edited by Guest

Comment November 14 by Steve Rees on the Startrax website re Stoke: " Next Meeting Information Stoke Stadium

Chesterton Stadium – Loomer Road, Chesterton Nr Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffs ST5 7LB

IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/size]

We have expended some £10000 during the course of 2014 on massive improvement to the Stoke track which drivers have commented upon positively.[/size]

What's you're point?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We have expended some £10000 during the course of 2014 on massive improvement to the Stoke track which drivers have commented upon positively.

What's you're point?

I thought BSF members might have been interested to know how much money "a tenant company" had spent on the track. Obviously beyond understanding?

Edited by Guest

I thought BSF members might have been interested to know how much money "a tenant company" had spent on the track. Obviously beyond understanding?

From the press releases the track is unaffected. It's the stadium that has been wrecked the Ref's box etc......

You may have known in your own mind the relevance but thanks for sharing it

Steve Rees latest post on ovalchat

steveRToday, 10:16 AM

When Dave discovered the 'mess' Monday morning - together with human excrement etc, you can understand him being gutted - It is gut wrenching and mindless. The revenue from Stock Cars keeps the stadium alive for speedway, Dave runs speedway and it is a labour of love.

At the time when interviewed DT was destroyed but he has picked himself up as we have and gets on with life. Business as usual but I doubt he said he was selling up as a publicity stunt - just a depressed mindset at the time, Stoke speedway has been his life.

Onwards and upwards - I think we're all like a bot of crowd funding, especially speedway lol

Steve Rees latest post on ovalchat

steveRToday, 10:16 AM

When Dave discovered the 'mess' Monday morning - together with human excrement etc, you can understand him being gutted - It is gut wrenching and mindless. The revenue from Stock Cars keeps the stadium alive for speedway, Dave runs speedway and it is a labour of love.

At the time when interviewed DT was destroyed but he has picked himself up as we have and gets on with life. Business as usual but I doubt he said he was selling up as a publicity stunt - just a depressed mindset at the time, Stoke speedway has been his life.

Onwards and upwards - I think we're all like a bot of crowd funding, especially speedway lol

That sounds better