British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Elite League Confirmed Signings 2015

I heard a rumour the Russian riders Avimov and Nokimova were coming to the UK, along with Swedes Bengt Andelbars and Anders Aspanna.

Not sure if this is true but I hear Ice racer Ivor Bolokov had a nasty accident.

• Like 7

I heard a rumour the Russian riders Avimov and Nokimova were coming to the UK, along with Swedes Bengt Andelbars and Anders Aspanna.

Not sure if this is true but I hear Ice racer Ivor Bolokov had a nasty accident.

There is another Russian who has 3 Testicles, is name is Ivor whoyanicabollockoff :lol:

I've heard a lot about a young up-and coming rider called Willie Maykitt. Look out for him at a track near you.

• Like 1

I've heard a lot about a young up-and coming rider called Willie Maykitt. Look out for him at a track near you.

............and the young Aussie, Wesme Visa!!

• Like 3

Who is the laziest rider in World speedway?. My money is on the Swedish rider, Bo Nydall.

• Like 1

Who is the oldest speedway rider still riding?. It has to be Noah Zark.

I hear the Dane, Gerrus Ryder can not get a ride. I wonder why.

Lewis Bridger replaces Woodward at coventry

if true, that must be one of the shortest retirements.

Courtesy of the Poole Pirates website

POLISH DUO COMPLETE PIRATES
11th March 2015

With the Press Day launch of their 2015 season just 7 days away, the Poole ReadyPower Pirates have now finally been able to confirm their full starting line-up.

Poole boss Matt Ford has announced that Maciej Janowski will be returning for the Pirates as they seek to win the Elite league for the third successive campaign, and Ford has immediately installed Janowski, nicknamed "Magic", as the captain for 2015.

Janowski undertook that role when Darcy Ward was suspended from racing last season and Ford believes that it was "a natural choice for Magic to resume as captain"

"He did a great job for us at the business end of the season and took to the captain's job really well. We agreed terms way back last season, in fact he was the first rider I spoke to. I am delighted to have him riding for us and I wanted him to lead the team again"

Janowski will be joined at Poole in 2015 by his former Tarnow team-mate Kacper Gomolski who returns to British Speedway after having ridden for Swindon in 2013 and previously Peterborough (2011).

He becomes the second member of his dynasty to gain a Poole contract as his elder brother Adrian made fleeting appearances for the Pirates back in 2007.

Ford added "Each year there is a signing or two that will raise a few eyebrows and may seem to many to be a surprise, and whilst I am aware the internet has been rife with speculation that Kacper was joining us, I think that he may be the one rider that will capture the imagination of many.

"This is a vastly improved rider from the one that rode for Swindon back in 2013. He has developed into a highly talented rider over the past 18 months and his world U21 results last season is testimony to that. He finished runners-up to Piotr Pawlicki and was ahead of Vaclav Milik in that championship and we all saw how good Vaclav was for us last season.

"When riders like Chris (Holder), Davey (Watt) and Magic are all raving about him then that's enough to convince me. Add in the fact that Kacper joins us on a bargain 3.94 then he could well be the key to a successful season as it is all about riders who can increase their average and there is no doubt in my mind that he can certainly achieve that.

"He might find the going a bit tough on some of the away tracks to start with but I believe he will certainly settle quickly in at Wimborne Road and will be a crowd pleaser."

So with the final two pieces of the jigsaw now in place the 2015 Poole ReadyPower Pirates will line-up with 3 Australians, 2 Poles and 2 British riders
Chris Holder, Maciej Janowski, Dave Watt, Dakota North, Kacper Gomolski, Kyle Newman & Paul Starke.

Coventry have signed Kylmakorpi as a replacement for Jamrog.

That makes you a whole lot stronger, I will have to change my bl**dy prediction again :lol:

• Like 1

Think the teams all look more evenly balanced this year than other years esp at reserve. I still think Poole look the team to beat again this year.