British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest martyn_k11

Speedway Near Adelaide???

Guest martyn_k11

hi i am possible moving to aus by the end of the year does anyone know of any speedway action near adelaide???

Guest Sir Lunchalot

You are in luck !!

Unfortunately we don't get speedway in Oz as often as you do in the UK but there is a track in Adelaide at Gillman (in the north western suburbs out towards the port) who run once every three or four weeks from about October to March.

Once or twice a year there will be a meeting at Wayville which is a long'ish track that has held the Oz championships in previous years and the season just finished held a round of the Mauger series.

Juniors are well catered for at Sidewinders club at Wingfield, not quite the same as watching senior riders but they have a terrific set up there I believe.

If you want to do a bit of travel then Mildura is four hours away by car just over the Victorian border and they run regularly through the year with a winter series too, although the quality suffers a bit when the UK season starts and a few of the riders go back either riding or being a mechanic.

Speedway fans out here are also hoping another tour to Oz gets off the ground as the Young Lions tour in 2001/02 was extremely well received and there have been rumours each year since of another one. Here's hoping !!

Hi Martyn, Lunchy has already told you everything. I live an hour out of Adelaide so if you need any more info just let me know.