British Speedway Forum

Difficult to know which way is the right way with the points limit in speedway. It did not work when riders were allocated to teams and has problems with the maximum limit. Some riders raise their game and increase their average whilst others for whatever reason fall below their expectations. If your team enlists riders who raise their game then there is every chance for trophies, whereas a team that falls below it's declared average will ultimately fail. To permit an open market would be good for promoters having deep pockets and those on limited funds would never be able to compete. A little bit of that does currently occur, however, the points limit does mean that those promoters still have to remain within the points constraints. A minimum figure will only add a bit of interest during the season with each and every green sheet declaration.

And it still the Kent Kings publicity machine is active: here's the latest news update from central park:

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.289

Are you on commission from the Kings for more visits to the site ? haha

Far from it! It's just that a while back a Poster on here criticised the club for a lack opf information - I am just trying to show that when things are taking place at Kent Kings that they do publicise their activities. It does mean that what I read in the club publicity is something that I agree with! :neutral:

You must be short of sumthing ta do Gustix :t::t:

Not another who has joined "the gang" who like to troll me on the BSF? What is your actual gripe ffs? :unsure: What in you "esteemed" :oops: opinion am I doing wrong?

I really would appreciate your expertise :icon_smile_clown: in the correct way to place messages and comments! :wink:

Edited by Guest

Are you on commission from the Kings for more visits to the site ? haha

I agree with both comments. I do visit the Kent Kings discussion too often and obviously upset people. So - I promise both of you - this is what is known as "a fond farewell" to the thread by me. Have fun! :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Guest

I agree with both comments. I do visit the Kent Kings discussion too often and obviously upset people. So - I promise both of you - this is what is known as "a fond farewell" to the thread by me. Have fun! :icon_smile_clown:

I do believe Gustix, that you are more or less housebound, so therefore people on here should be cutting you a little more slack than the average poster, so come on guys lighten up. :wink:

My comment was nothing more than light hearted fun - that's why it ended - HAHA.

Blimey stop being so serious.

Because you're wrong. Aveages are calculated form 4 rides, there are 7 riders in a team. You only need about 42 to win, can be done with 40.2. But thats not what it's about,it's about equality, it's no good if 5 teams build to your 45 point figure but the other 5 teams in the league only have teams adding up to 30 is it? Where are the riders going to come from for your 45 point limit?

Well thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know the nominated 15th heat wasn't used in the averages, would explain why it's not 45 points

In that case though, I would certainly have a 42 point limit max with a possible 38 point minimum, I certainly wasn't looking for some teams to build to only 30, it wasn't good last year watching teams like Buxton and Scunthorpe

I'm sure some Cradley riders who finished on 55+ will be looking for new teams as they can't all ride again for the same team

Coventry, Cradley .Kent. Kings Lynn and Mildenhall will all have to lose riders as they can't fit in to the averages, hopefully these riders will get picked up by weaker teams making it more equal all round

I guess by about 5pm tonight we will know a lot more

Well thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know the nominated 15th heat wasn't used in the averages, would explain why it's not 45 points

In that case though, I would certainly have a 42 point limit max with a possible 38 point minimum, I certainly wasn't looking for some teams to build to only 30, it wasn't good last year watching teams like Buxton and Scunthorpe

I'm sure some Cradley riders who finished on 55+ will be looking for new teams as they can't all ride again for the same team

Coventry, Cradley .Kent. Kings Lynn and Mildenhall will all have to lose riders as they can't fit in to the averages, hopefully these riders will get picked up by weaker teams making it more equal all round

I guess by about 5pm tonight we will know a lot more

Hear 15 does count towards averages, however an average is worked out over what a rider should be scoring over 4 rides. It is points scored divided by rides taken times four.

So if a rider scores 10 from four rides his average is 10. If he then races in heat 15 and finishes last that average drops to eight. :)

Hear 15 does count towards averages, however an average is worked out over what a rider should be scoring over 4 rides. It is points scored divided by rides taken times four.

So if a rider scores 10 from four rides his average is 10. If he then races in heat 15 and finishes last that average drops to eight. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. i'll get there soon :lol:

• Like 1

So then RocketBen1, if a heat leader does ht 15 and therefore takes 5 rides, does that mean he gets an average of 12? 15/5 = 3, 3 * 4 = 12! This then does not apply where only 4 rides have been taken as the cumulative points scored divided by four would give a cumulative average over the month for the revised green sheets. Points scored / number of meetings thus 68 points over 10 meetings = 6.8 av. Or 52 points over 8 meetings = 6.5 av. Or have I missed something maths is not my strong point.

It's points / ride * 4, not points / meeting, from all rides.

Thanks. Sounds fair enough, too many formulas being delivered. Cannot find it in the regs though.