British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swift Saint

Stoke Potters 2015

IMPORTANT PRESS RELEASE FROM STOKE SPEEDWAY

CHRIS WIDMAN TAKES THE FINAL PLACE

Stoke “Eazy Rider” Potters have completed their line up for the National League season by agreeing a deal with Kings Lynn to make Chris Widman a full asset of Stoke. “We are delighted to have completed an agreement with Kings Lynn which will bring Chris Widman to Stoke on a full transfer with the help of Kings Lynn Promoter Buster Chapman.” said Stoke Promoter Dave Tattum. “Chris rode for us last season and at times could beat anybody at Loomer Road and we look forward to having him with us again as part of the Club. We want to help him move his career on and we saw enough signs last season to know that there is relatively untapped pace and skill available within his racing repertoire and we are looking forward to the new season with the confidence that we can be challenging for honours.” added Tattum. Widman, who lives at Loughborough will be 25 in March and will ride at No.2 in the re-vamped team for 2015 the position he occupied last season.

“I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for this move to go through, said Chris Widman and I am very glad that the arrangements have been finalised. I was always keen to ride for Stoke and have considerable empathy with what they are trying to achieve. The Promotion and supporters have been very good with me and I am looking forward with renewed zest for next season. I understand that I will partner our Captain Jon Armstrong and you can’t ask for better than that at this level.”

Malcolm Vasey

Stoke Speedway

• Like 2

What we expected in regards to the last signing.

An interesting looking team. Considering the relative low points limit, and the concentration on youth, we have no-one making their debut in this league, which could well be a bonus.

Should finish top half. Can it push for the title? Who knows.

What we expected in regards to the last signing.

An interesting looking team. Considering the relative low points limit, and the concentration on youth, we have no-one making their debut in this league, which could well be a bonus.

Should finish top half. Can it push for the title? Who knows.

Indeed who knows Vog, The Potters are not one of the weaker looking Teams on paper, and it will only take an injury or two, to a Heat Leader of one of the fancied Teams and Stoke could well be up there. I think thats going to play a big part this season which teams can keep an injury free squad together should find themselves pushing for honours.

IMPORTANT PRESS RELEASE FROM STOKE SPEEDWAY

STOKE POTTERS FIXTURES 2015

Stoke Potters formally released their fixtures today after making arrangements to precede their official programme with a Challenge Match against Birmingham for the M6 Cup which will take place at Loomer Road on Sunday 29th March 2015 starting at 3.00 pm. “We have picked one of the local sides to race against us and it should help us to prepare for a busy Easter weekend on the road. said Promoter Dave Tattum. “Birmingham have put together an attractive side and it should be a great opener”. “Press Day is ten days earlier with more practice opportunities available for the riders” he added.

Edited by Proud Potter

Malcolm

When will a Stoke Speedway website be up and running? It seems poor that most things come out via a forum.

It's called, doing it on the cheap.

Well well, there you go, website up n running again! Get on there for all the latest, fascinating hot gossip from down loomer road!

• Like 1

The only "Important Press Release" that any true Stoke fan wants to see is the one announcing the return to the PL, anything else is just pish!

• Like 1

The only "Important Press Release" that any true Stoke fan wants to see is the one announcing the return to the PL, anything else is just pish!

Good for you. Taking a stand

It's all been said before of course.

There is no chance of return to PL, under the present promotion.

Stoke sustained 2nd Division speedway for many years and it could do so again.