British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Steve Holden, Rip

This is a message I have received from Bruce Cribb:

::::::

Steve Holden, passed away last night, a real good guy/mate, last I heard he was in hospital out in a week or so, I messaged him asking which hospital are you in, he just sent me a big thumbs up, but that's type of bloke he was, no drama as he always played things down concerning himself.

Spent sometime with him in hospital visiting Mick Handley, a former team mate of his at Stoke and Oxford, who was having a heart bypass, not realising Steve was having problems of his own, that's what I mean by play things down about himself. Bless him, he worshipped me so much that when my mateGrosvenor Lucas took the mickey out of me while we were visiting Mick, he piped up saying that's no way to speak to Cribby he deserves more respect, not realising Grove was joking.

I'm gonna miss that guy, his wit and great company whenever we met up.

Steve Holden, REST IN PEACE MATE!

Steve Holden's speedway career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Holden_(speedway_rider)

A tribute thread to the late Steve Holden RIP has now also appeared in "Speedway News and Discussions."

Edited by Guest

So sorry to hear this sad news... Knew him at Stoke, great guy & always had time for fans.

Condolences to his friends & family.

RIP Steve

Edited by spencebel