British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sir Lunchalot

Broadford Club Day - Sunday 14th March

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I know Bryn would like an update, others might too.

Just got back from a terrific (as usual) club day at Broadford. Highlight of the meeting was a titanic two man duel between Matt Jones and Corey Gathercole who gated side by and stayed that way for two and a half laps with neither budging an inch. Gathercole on the inside was narrowly in the lead at first, then Jones got his nose in front on lap 2 only to find Gathercole inches ahead coming out of turn 2 on lap 3. Jones went for a heroic round the outside move on the final bend but slightly overcooked it and ended up sampling terra firma first hand. A better race than that you would go a long way to see.

The other highlight was seeing Sam Martin (son of the forums very own Marty) do his first laps ever on the track on a 500cc machine. Very smooth and assured he looked too and he was gaining in confidence with each ride. Sam can't ride 500's in competition yet as he has only just turned 15 but look out in 12 months time !!

Danny Young rode superbly to take the honours in the classic solos and as usual the BBQ and Bundy afterwards were magnificent !!

I know Bryn would like an update, others might too.

Just got back from a terrific (as usual) club day at Broadford. Highlight of the meeting was a titanic two man duel between Matt Jones and Corey Gathercole who gated side by and stayed that way for two and a half laps with neither budging an inch. Gathercole on the inside was narrowly in the lead at first, then Jones got his nose in front on lap 2 only to find Gathercole inches ahead coming out of turn 2 on lap 3. Jones went for a heroic round the outside move on the final bend but slightly overcooked it and ended up sampling terra firma first hand. A better race than that you would go a long way to see.

The other highlight was seeing Sam Martin (son of the forums very own Marty) do his first laps ever on the track on a 500cc machine. Very smooth and assured he looked too and he was gaining in confidence with each ride. Sam can't ride 500's in competition yet as he has only just turned 15 but look out in 12 months time !!

Danny Young rode superbly to take the honours in the classic solos and as usual the BBQ and Bundy afterwards were magnificent !!

Thanks for the update Lunchy...only wish I had been there too as I can't stand this flipping cold weather!

Spoke to Matt earlier today and gave him a ticking off for dropping it...he couldn't work out how I knew! LOL Says he'll make up for it at the club championship meeting.

MUSt find somewhere over here that sells cans of Bundy - only got one bottle left! :unsure::(