British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Last Appearance By A Team Called Crayford..

.. to date was by my reckoning this.

On 27/4/01 at Arena Essex in the Second Half following a 54-35 win by the home side over the IoW in the Premier Trophy.

The second half saw an Arena Essex juniors side of Gareth Roberts, Tom Cooper, Matt Etherington and Simon Taylor take on a

'Crayford Select' side.

Now I know who rode for 'Crayford' that evening it was my old pal,Andre Cross, fellow soon to be Wimbledon Don, Jon Stevens, Carl Downs and the late Vince Kinchin.

Can anyone out there possibly supply the result (to my shame I left before this mini match ended..)heat details or indiv scores?

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Seems I've beaten the BSF's 'history' section with this poser!?

Despite 107 views (many thanx to those who have browsed but found they can't assist..)seems no-one knows the answer to my question..

Ah well never mind..

At least this posting has the distintion of having posed an unanswerable teaser!!

Bryn must have been at this meeting Parsloes he might still have the programme from that match.

Indeed I almost certainly was at the meeting and would have retained my completed programme. Alas though, my daughter/future son-in-law are in the process of decorating my home and all my old programmes are packed away with other gear in large boxes stacked five high in the back garden shed so no chance of laying my mangled mitts on it! :(