British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Coventry V Leicester 20 March Emb 2nd Leg

was it Tony Gillias ?

I think so

Shame about Mickelson and I hope he is fit again soon. It's quite hard to see over the air fence whilst sitting down so I didn't really see what happened to him but someone said afterwards that he was clipped by Jason's bike.

Not exactly how it happened. He ran into Jason Doyle's bike, the bike did not hit him. Somehow Stuart Robson, who was in front Of Michel Michelsen at the time, managed to avoid it.

Really? One heat? I must have been at a different meeting as I thought there were some good races, plus some mediocre ones like in all matches. Not bad at all for the first match of the season and like someone has already said it wasn't Coventry riders fault that they were gating a bit better than usual so Leicester couldn't catch up. They should have gone a bit faster and challenged. :lol: As Robert72 has liked your post I presume he was there but strangely enough he didn't bother to come round to meet Lucy. Disappointed. :(

By the way what was wrong with Doyle in his last two races? He looked decidedly not bothered as he trundled round at the back.

Yes I went & it wasn't a good advert for speedway, it was ultra slick and fairly boring.

As for jamrog, it's a shame they don't give British riders the same chances like him & other sub standard foreigners get here,I don't see many British riders of his standard getting rides abroad.

Gem I didn't see anyone with a dog there

• Like 1

Yes I went & it wasn't a good advert for speedway, it was ultra slick and fairly boring.

As for jamrog, it's a shame they don't give British riders the same chances like him & other sub standard foreigners get here,I don't see many British riders of his standard getting rides abroad.

Coventry is probably the one club where you can't say they don't give Brits a chance. Rules prevent us signing a Brit as we can't sign another d/u rider. To be fair Jamrog is of a higher standard than the likes of Bomber and Andersen in Poland.

Coventry is probably the one club where you can't say they don't give Brits a chance. Rules prevent us signing a Brit as we can't sign another d/u rider. To be fair Jamrog is of a higher standard than the likes of Bomber and Andersen in Poland.

woz01 I understand what you are saying about Jamrog in Poland, but it's what he scores over hear that matters to us all. :t:

• Like 1

TBF, until it went ** up with Bridger Coventry had 6 Brits - when was the last time an EL club could claim that? They have 5 now, again, when was the last time anyone could claim that?

Edited by SCB

Is Jamrog in the same polish league as Harris and Andersen or is it the league below?

Is Jamrog in the same polish league as Harris and Andersen or is it the league below?

Same league. They all rode 2nd division last year. Averages here

You're right it wasn't a very good advert for speedway unfortunately but it was the first meeting so hopefully the track will settle down and the racing will get better. Although there were still a fair few amount of genuine passes, nothing compares to Peterborough on Sunday where there were passes in the majority of races. If you've never been to The Showground you want to get yourself over there sometime. Lots of Sunday afternoon meetings this year.

I saw several dogs at Coventry and I also walked round with Lucy before the match started. I even stopped to talk to one strange Leicester fan, standing with all the others on the 1st bend, who had what looked like a Lion stuck on his head. Nice chap though. ;) Afterwards, as I told you before, I'm on the 4th bend but Lucy is harder to spot then because she's usually asleep on her blanket.

• Like 1

You're right it wasn't a very good advert for speedway unfortunately but it was the first meeting so hopefully the track will settle down and the racing will get better. Although there were still a fair few amount of genuine passes, nothing compares to Peterborough on Sunday where there were passes in the majority of races. If you've never been to The Showground you want to get yourself over there sometime. Lots of Sunday afternoon meetings this year.

I saw several dogs at Coventry and I also walked round with Lucy before the match started. I even stopped to talk to one strange Leicester fan, standing with all the others on the 1st bend, who had what looked like a Lion stuck on his head. Nice chap though. ;) Afterwards, as I told you before, I'm on the 4th bend but Lucy is harder to spot then because she's usually asleep on her blanket.

Perhaps he's trying to tell you something Gem :D

woz01 I understand what you are saying about Jamrog in Poland, but it's what he scores over hear that matters to us all. :t:

Of course that's all that matters to us but the point he made was he is sub standard. He has shown some form abroad and a risk was taken but at the minute that risk is failing.

Same league. They all rode 2nd division last year. Averages here

Shows he is capable but whether we see it is a different story.

Perhaps he's trying to tell you something Gem :D

Yes, I realise that he's a wimp and doesn't want to see me face to face after saying it's cruel taking a dog to Speedway. :P

• Like 1

Shows he is capable but whether we see it is a different story.

Ask Wolves fans about Sowka - failed to average 2 yet Polish form suggested they had a star in the making. On the other hand, go back and bit further and ask Wolves fans about Skornicki and he wasn't anything special in Poland but he's generally been pretty good in the UK. Then there THJ and Peter Ljung, both capable riders who do well in Sweden and Poland but never done it in the UK.

TBF, until it went ** up with Bridger Coventry had 6 Brits - when was the last time an EL club could claim that? They have 5 now, again, when was the last time anyone could claim that?

Belle Vue. 5 Brits last year and same again this year.

I see Jamrog is riding tonight at Wolves, at least it will give him some practice for when Bees visit there!

• Like 1

I see Jamrog is riding tonight at Wolves, at least it will give him some practice for when Bees visit there!

I don't think its that hard at practicing getting 0000