British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Rye House 26-3-15

Will the rearranged date cause any issues for Ryes Swedes?

When Anders Mellgren was asked when the Swedish speedway season started he shrugged his shoulders

He's no mug that Chris Louis. Last Thursdays light showers were a gift from the gods and may mean his side are still in the League Cup after the group stages

I dunno Shads, some wins against weakened teams and Masters guesting for you making you stronger and all of a sudden you're unbeatable, it's very early days as yet my friend!

I dunno Shads, some wins against weakened teams and Masters guesting for you making you stronger and all of a sudden you're unbeatable, it's very early days as yet my friend!

That's a little too simplistic..... Ipswich's "weakened team" had five riders with more laps around Rye House than both of our new boys Robin and Nikolaj. In fact it was Nikolaj's first competetive races around there. Most if not all of your side had had competetive races before last Saturday. Only Edward Kennett, to my knowlege, had had any

Peterborough were missing Simon Lambert and Olly Allen only had a couple of rides, but who's to say it would've made made any difference to the result had Lambert not been elsewhere and Allen hadn't had taken that alarming crash? Perhaps the scores would've been closer, but I'd have still fancied us for the win, especially with Nikolaj having his first look at the place and scoring so well all round the team. Kennett would've scored as many if not more than Masters on previous form round there.

Somerset were weakened by the loss of Charles Wright, I'll grant you that, but a 17 point win against 5,12 & 21 point home defeats last year...that's a hell of a turnaround!

My friends will tell you I'm one of the most pessimistic Rockets fans you can find, but even I can see that this is no way a bottom three side. We're aiming a lot higher than that.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

I would definitely say you have a top 6 side if everyone stays injury free, and I would imagine jakobsen will have a stint at number 1 to.