British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

The Heathens V The Brummies 25/03

Did you sleep for 36 hours? :shock::P

All the best

Rob

Standard recovery time from the shock of losing a meeting!! ;)

Ahem it was Cradleys home meeting, Iv no doubts thats what the Cradley fans will take to calling it, if we want to split hairs its The Alexandra Stadium. :wink:

Not me. It was a funny once joke previously with Monmore Green/Wood. But as stated above we were tenants at Monmore Green and are tenants at Perry Barr. Neither has anything to do with Wolverhampton Speedway or Birmingham speedway directly, so yes funny once but we should show our landlords the respect they deserve. We should certainly not see any such reference to Monmore Wood or Perry Wood (which sounds ridiculous by the way) in any official media or at the stadium by anyone connected to Cradley Speedway. It is becoming as annoying as 'the former' this, that and the other, and please don't let be replaced in every press release with 'nomads'.

Cradley Speedway are tenants in equal standing with Birmingham Speedway this season at Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium. Both speedway clubs need each other to be successful to make this venture work and both need to keep the stadium owners happy. So, let's have some friendly rivalry and a bit of banter but not lose sight of the big picture for both speedway clubs - survival!!

I've absolutely no objection to the Cradley Heath supporters calling the stadium Perry Wood or anything else. What's in a name anyway? As other posters have said, although we are separate promotions, we are absolutely dependent on each other - on the track we are rivals of course - and that is good for the sport - but in every other respect we have to work together for our common good.

There are a few "headless" supporters at every track - and on the odd occasion, Cradley's few have given the remainder an undeserved reputation of being poor losers, but there was certainly no evidence of that last Wednesday when all of the Cradley people I spoke to after the match were gracious in defeat and generous in their praise of the quality of the meeting.

Understandably, they were disappointed to see the end of a long succession of Cradley wins - who wouldn't be, but in reality, there wasn't a loser in sight last Wednesday. Birmingham snatched the win from a humdinger of a match which could easily have gone either way, but Cradley deservedly won the trophy by virtue of that awesome performance the previous Wednesday, and I heartily congratulate the Heathens on that.

We all want Cradley back in a stadium of their own, but we have to recognise that to achieve this will take time and infinite patience, but in the intervening time, let's be thankful that we both have a club to follow and as far as is possible, let's support each other.

Uk Martin's scheme for hounding the councillors might seem logical, but these people are all the same. They will just tell us what they think we want to hear and then come up with all the usual excuses after they have been elected. The way Dudley Council have treated Cradley Heath Speedway is an absolute disgrace.

• Like 2

On this weeks show (Thursday) we have a special event scheduled that will be of interest to Cradley and Birmingham supporters alike. We are auctioning a t-shirt of, a; proceeds go to the Ben fund. The shirt itself has the logo of both Cradley and Birmingham on as well as the signature of each member of both teams and team managers. In celebration of our opening night meetings.

I will get a picture up of the T shirt as soon as I am able.

Thursday night on http://sports-radio.co.uk at 8pm

Edited by guitar_art