Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Somerset Lc 7pm 28th March.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:::

::::::

Rockets Gun Down Rebels
Rye House 54 Somerset 37
(League Cup; Saturday, March 28th 2015)
The Restart Rockets maintained their superb start to the season with a comprehensive 54-37 victory over Somerset at Rye House on Saturday night.
The success – the Rockets’ third in as many League Cup fixtures – leaves them with a perfect ten in the match points stakes in their bid to reach the competition’s Semi-Final stage.
The Rebels – League Champions in 2013 and Play-Off Finalists the last three years – are expected to provide another major challenge for honours in 2015, but were badly burned here by another all-Round Rockets performance.
There is a brave new world at Rye House in the BMR era, and both “brave” and “new” were epitomised at either end of the Rockets’ roster. The “new” was highlighted by exciting young star Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, who romped to 14 points in only his second appearance at the circuit. The Dane was headed only by Leigh Lanham in Heat 11, but gained revenge on his evergreen rival in the most spectacular fashion in the final race. Initially third, the triple World U-21 Finalist slipped past partner Anders Mellgren before setting his sights on Lanham and ultimately catching him on the run-in to the line to both bring the house down and set the seal on a wonderful evening.
And the “brave”? That patch was clearly marked out for reserve Luke Bowen, who threw everything at third placed Richie Worrall in a dramatic Heat 7 only to overshoot the final bend and disappear into the air fence at high speed. The crowd held its breath, but were relieved to see the Bowen 747 up after treatment and able to make his own way back to the bits. Amazingly, the Harlow Flyer re-appeared for Heat 11, holding off visiting No.1 Josh Grajczonek for third place for over two laps, before wisely sitting out his final programmed ride.
The Rockets offered plenty in-between, too, with Edward Kennett (8+1) beaten only by his own machinery, Anders Mellgren into double figures (10+1) and Kasper Lykke (9+2) continuing from where he left off in the previous night’s win at Peterborough. Robin Aspegren and Steve Boxall also both weighed in with race wins.
The man of the match, though, was Jakobsen, whose thoughts on the meeting had to start with that Heat 15. “I had been making good starts earlier on, but it didn’t go as expected in that one and I had to pass two riders. I felt I had a bit more speed tonight than Anders (Mellgren) and I got past him cleanly. Then I saw my chance (against Leigh Lanham) on the last bend and I was able to take it.
“I’ve been able to dial into this track early on, and it suits me really well. I had a few problems with the riding lines in my first meeting, but I’ve now found the right set-up.
“I’ve also got a team working hard for me, and I want to give them credit for my success too.
“The team spirit so far is unbelievable. We are talking together, working together and helping each other out wherever we can. I’m really enjoying everything about this club so far.”
Rye House scorers:
Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 14 (5 rides), Anders Mellgren 10+1 (5), Kasper Lykke 9+2 (5), Edward Kennett 8+1 (4), Robin Aspegren 6+2 (4), Steve Boxall 6 (4), Luke Bowen 1 (3)

Somerset scorers:
Leigh Lanham 13 (6 rides), Josh Grajczonek 8+1 (5 rides, inc 2 as a TR), Brady Kurtz 7+1 (4), Richie Worrall 5+1 (5), Paul Starke 2+1 (6), Benji Compton 2 (4), Charles Wright R/R

Match Points: Rye House 3 Somerset 0

The two matches against Peterborough and Somerset were the best all round performances from a Rye House team for a good few years. With some real talent on display it all looks toward a decent season. Glad to see Luke walk away from his crash.

Respect to Leigh Lanham who once again showed his love of our track. Josh was disappointing but this is once again a very good Somerset side and the real test for the Rockets will be at Somerset in a couple of weeks and i hope we don't have our usual embarrassment around their place.

Great win For the Rockets Last Night, Amazing Performance by the Riders. Nikolaj Jacoben was amazing, he is amazing from the Gate and that pass in Heat 15 was Outstanding, it was great to see Anders Mellgren Back to form, Kasper Lykke is so Enjoyable to watch if only he could gate and Edward Kennett was Brilliant in his opening three rides, there were also good Rides By Robin Aspegren and Steve Boxall and hopefully next week Luke Can Have a Better Meeting and for Somerset Leigh Langham was amazing.

I cant wait for meetings next weekend.

• Like 1

josh still thinks he is lowering his average for his new team...

Great win For the Rockets Last Night, Amazing Performance by the Riders. Nikolaj Jacoben was amazing, he is amazing from the Gate and that pass in Heat 15 was Outstanding, it was great to see Anders Mellgren Back to form, Kasper Lykke is so Enjoyable to watch if only he could gate and Edward Kennett was Brilliant in his opening three rides, there were also good Rides By Robin Aspegren and Steve Boxall and hopefully next week Luke Can Have a Better Meeting and for Somerset Leigh Langham was amazing.

I cant wait for meetings next weekend.

Would love to see Leigh Lanhan ride for Rye again one day.
  • Like 1