British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Somerset Lc 7pm 28th March.

The Rockets have to battle away at Ipswich [which I just seen has been called off, strange that] and Peterborough, then its home to the Somerset Rebels this Saturday. Two meetings in 2 days will certainly have effect on both man and machine. But it’s the start of the season and all the team should be able to handle these meeting as they’re all fairly local in relation to travel. Somerset one again have put together a strong team and expect another big test for the Rockets. I was impressed with the team the Rye team last Saturday, only concerns really where Luke Bowen and Anders Mellgren. Hopefully both had first night issues that are now all sorted and the whole team will be firing on all cylinders. If this is the case, which indeed I hope it is, I think the Rockets will win. Somerset. Josh Grajczonek certainly knows his way around Rye as does Brady Kurtz. Richie Worrall blows hot and cold, Charles Wright and Leigh Lanham will no doubt score a few. Paul Starke had a good meeting last year at Rye and I believe Benji Compton maybe a nonstarter as he was injured at Peterborough last Sunday in which the Rebels won. So there are a lot of ‘ifs and buts’ but let’s hope for dry weather, a good meeting, a Rye win and hopefully a bit warmer than last Saturday!

Benji Compton has declared himself fit for Friday, so should line up for Somerset against us.

Hopefully we get off to a better start than last week. Needed a slice or two of luck to get back in to it.

Somerset will be quietly confident of taking 3 points. A narrow home win would do me, but all seven will have to be on their game.

No wrighty for the rebels today,r/r for him makes it more difficult for us but you never know ,

So it's the morning of the meeting and thus far only one post from the original made by Shads. Have I missed something here, is there another post I've not seen with my ailing eye sight, memory loss, oh the joys of geeting old.

Somerset have been a bit of a bogey team for the Rockets over the last few years, or has it been Rye have had rubbish teams, the latter I think. But I would have thought some of the Rebel army would have posted, or perhaps they were more interested in Poole last last night at The Oak Tree Arena.

After Rye great win at Peterborough last night, a good all round team performance I think Rye will win tonight. Still think it'll be a tight meeting but the Rye team seem to have gelled very quickly and that will no doubt be a major factor this year. We all know things weren't right in the team last season. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I don't think Somerset will go home with a point tonight, let's see if I have to eat humble pie around 9 o'clock. Better to eat humble pie than what's Shad's may have to do with Jenga

So it's the morning of the meeting and thus far only one post from the original made by Shads. Have I missed something here, is there another post I've not seen with my ailing eye sight, memory loss, oh the joys of geeting old.

As I thought Coomie had posted and I hadn't seen it. More memory pills required

the lack of posts could be down to the not so confident somerset following , after being sold down the river by Somerset,s evil twin. (Poole) and missing charlie boy.

while i have no doubt rye followers will wake up this morning , see last nights result was not a dream and will soon start hammering the keypad.

while the panthers fans will also go into meltdown and loose their ability to speak and type.

happy days for the shadkerts :t: .

No Charlie means a body blow to the Rebels, all riders bar Josh and Brady can deputise , Ritchie and Paul need a good one. Still Paul banged in a paid max last season at Rye last year, l think it could be Rye by about 8.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Josh goes very well around Rye and has guested for them on numerous occasions, Brady was also very impressive on his visits last season, I remember one brilliant scrap between him and Eddie, just gutted I'm can't go😔

Good luck to the boys tonight, Somerset will be more of a test than last week.

Hope Nicolaj is more settled this week, very spectacular to watch.

If Rye can win by enough to deny Somerset a point they will have the group in their pocket already IMO.

Losing Charles Wright weakens Somerset, but I still think it'll be close. Too close to call. The Rockets shoukd be in good spirits after last nights result.

Overcast, breezy & cold here

Loads have given up with the BSF due to the many trolls and abusers on here. Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Let's hope for a good meeting with no referee issues, as we all froze last week and the delay while she sorted her computer problems didn't help my cold toes. I'm going for a Rye win by 8 points - ever the optimist me!