British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Wolves V Coventry Monday 30th March

So a rider might, might not get injured, and you go into a meeting planning for that, completely wrong IMO, go with R/R and atleast give it a go as Garrity could have 7 rides, this way, he cant unless replaces someone other than Sarj or Doolan

Hoping Garrity has sorted his bike problems from Friday

Anybody know the proper line up for those of us who cant afford a programme or dont want one, would sooner just have a scorecard.

Laurence Rogers says that Doolan is at 2 and Garrity at 6. So you can deduce form that Sarj at 7 and JK at 4. It would be a shock then if the top 3 switched. So fully expect Hans, Doolan, King, JK, Bomber, Jason and Sarj in that order.

Edited by SCB

Seems like a strange decision to me booking Doolan when Garrity goes so well round Monmore and we also have Joonas and Sarj who can take his rides. Obviously we could lose a rider but in the vast majority of meetings we finish with all 7 riders that we started with so it sounds like we have planned for the exception rather than the rule.

• Like 3

Poor decision not going with RR but the only winner here will be the weather as rain from 2pm

Wasn't Tobiasz all set to ride in the Polish Pairs championship meeting today until it was rained off? Photos of him all ready in kevlers to race. Surely this means he will be riding for Wolves tomorrow?

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://m.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/511080/odwolany-final-mppk-w-lesznie-zdjecia&usg=ALkJrhiFu_pqEzgOzQyYgIICjuG03tqI5g

So a rider might, might not get injured, and you go into a meeting planning for that, completely wrong IMO, go with R/R and atleast give it a go as Garrity could have 7 rides, this way, he cant unless replaces someone other than Sarj or Doolan

I agree with you id have gone R/R but I can understand why they've done it. If Garrity does get injured then it's pretty much game over for winning the meeting with only 5 riders and covering R/R. It is unlikely to happen. This way does cover every eventuality. Anyway I can't see sit being on unless there is a change in the forecast.

Edited by woz01

Looking at this I suspect the weather may well come to the Bees rescue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2633691

I agree with you id have gone R/R but I can understand why they've done it. If Garrity does get injured then it's pretty much game over for winning the meeting with only 5 riders and covering R/R. It is unlikely to happen. This way does cover every eventuality. Anyway I can't see sit being on unless there is a change in the forecast.

If You had seven riders and Garrity get's injured then it's game over under this format ....You can't based your team or predict a match by guessing that a rider might get injured ...I am sure if Freddie get injured in his first ride for Wolves then it's game over for them .

The bottom line is if rr makes you stronger then you used you don't start guessing or thinking that a rider might get injured .

• Like 1

Odd decision by the Bees to go with RR, tho the explanation is valid.

Am hoping Tobby is fit as we need to see how he fairs against a strong top 5. (in saying that he is already ten times better than Jamrog!)

No doubt the weather will play a part in this match and i hope we get this on.

Looks like a close one with PK and Lewis getting about 12 each.

48-42 is my prediction.

Odd decision by the Bees to go with RR, tho the explanation is valid.

Am hoping Tobby is fit as we need to see how he fairs against a strong top 5. (in saying that he is already ten times better than Jamrog!)

No doubt the weather will play a part in this match and i hope we get this on.

Looks like a close one with PK and Lewis getting about 12 each.

48-42 is my prediction.

Tobiasz was at the track and ready to ride in the Polish Pairs championship today before it got rained off so no reason why he shouldn't be riding for Wolves tomorrow. Heard a lot of positive about him so will be good to see how he does on his debut.

If the weather does ruin it then there are a few Monday's coming up where neither team are racing so hopefully a restaging date would be in place quickly. Typical that we have had some nice dry weather recently and then speedway starts and it's nothing but rain

Edited by mdmc82

.....stevebrum......Odd decision by the Bees to go with RR, tho the explanation is valid.

They're not. :)

Weather forecast looks terrible for this one. Dry during morning and then heavy rain for rest of the evening and night

@SpeedwayGB: TEAM NEWS - Wolves v Coventry, EL (Mon Mar 30)

Tobiasz Musielak will make his EL debut for Wolves after declaring himself fit to ride.

Weather forecast looks terrible for this one. Dry during morning and then heavy rain for rest of the evening and night

Blimey,just seen whats heading our way.No chance of this being on.

If You had seven riders and Garrity get's injured then it's game over under this format ....You can't based your team or predict a match by guessing that a rider might get injured ...I am sure if Freddie get injured in his first ride for Wolves then it's game over for them .

The bottom line is if rr makes you stronger then you used you don't start guessing or thinking that a rider might get injured .

If Garrity does get injured we will still have 6 riders remaining then we will still have a chance. 5 riders and covering R/R will be very difficult especially if it was early. We would have a couple of heats with 3 riders not including the reserve heat. If Wolves lose Lindgren early then they can cover every heat. As I said I'd have gone R/R but they have a valid reason for the guest. Maybe if a losing point wasn't in existence then they would've went R/R as then there would be nothing to lose.