British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Workington V Newcastle Ian Thomas Shield Saturday 4th April 2015

mornin all, quick weather report for travelling humans.

its just gone 9AM.

its like a summers day, sun out, no wind or rain.

blue skies with a hint of grey.

if it rains today, i will pay every one travelling over their fuel costs.. (maybe)

slightly cool, but will be cooler when the big yellow balloon goes to bed. so wrap up...

this is Cumbria

DON'T FORGET YOUR 50/50 DRAW TICKETS AND RAFFLE FOR K.K.H.s. ROUND THINGS CHARITY RAFFLE IN THE BAR AFTER THE MEETING.

every ones welcome to mingle with all the riders and support a good cause.

suns out and im out. seeya..

• Like 1

its after yan o clock. wall to wall sunshine. Havant been this excited since , sorry cant say. Newcastle without Robbo don't seem right..

• Like 1

Wont be at this match tonight, or many other's for that matter, as working conditions take their toll on what's left of my social life? :cry:

Newcastle dont look particularly strong this year but they do have an annoying habit of riding well over ere no matter whom they bring!!

Still looking for a comfortable home win to make the 2nd leg a bit easier so I'll go for a 55-35 outcome and everyone finishing in one piece!! :D

As a Diamonds fan I have to say we look weaker than the Comets. Our riders can win races but maybe not consistently enough> Much as it pains me I can only put this match down as a Home Win if it was on a pools coupon.

But come on Diamonds

As a Diamonds fan I have to say we look weaker than the Comets. Our riders can oilwin races but maybe not consistently enough> Much as it pains me I can only put this match down as a Home Win if it was on a pools coupon.

But come on Diamonds

remember bannockburn? Sorry I meant owlerton Thursday people wrote Off redcar, could be closer than you might think

Don't know what happened last night, watching updates we seemed to be holding our own then just fell apart.

Satisfactory result in the end, not quite as many as anticipated but that should be enough to win overall? :t:

Only saw updates when I finished work and we did look to be more solid scoring throughout rather than having any one stand out performer, maybe that could be a good thing, not relying on one person all of the time?

Thought Newcastle would do OK and they did appear to be in the mix for quite some time, just fell away in the second half or, just gently eased out of the way by a stronger Comets team still, sets the 2nd leg up quite nicely!! ;)

enjoyed last night. decent crowd and hoggy,s back.can honestly say the music on the loudspeakers was better than normal , you could hear it.. AS LONG AS YOU WERE STANDING OUTSIDE THE GUS RISMAN IN THE CAR PARK. i have no doubt hoggy was saying some good things in his interview with rusty and during the meeting.. but we didn't hear them..

good to hear Workington raised a few quid for Kenneth,s round things charity.well done to all..

no water bowser last night? (didn't need it)

seems we have a good solid top 5 , with nikki and nathen at reserve.

special mention to nathen, he stopped on and looked really steady. got his first night nerves out of his system. its all possative at workington this year.( apart from the pa on the 1st and 2nd bends )

any one on gate 1 was at an advantage early on into the meeting. huge advantage . then it fell away.

but good meeting in all and look forward to a good season..