British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Stadium - The Promotion Men Vs Boys !

Where the PL gains is that is has tracks like Somerset, Scunthrope and Sheffield - all known as good tracks. A good track and riders of a similar level will make the best racing.

Not forgetting Peterborough.....providing it's not like a plowed field so the opposition get the hump and give up before they start. :wink:

I haven't been to the stock cars for years, keep meaning to go but it's one of those where you read about it and say must go next month. I used to love the noise and seeing all those cars on track with the better drivers trying to come through the field.

Speedway has a lost generation in my opinion, it will hit if we get that far in say 10-15 years. It's mainly older folk or parents who bring there kids at present, I am 36 and I enjoy most sports but the alarming thing is that in the past 10 years or so 90% of sports have improved the "show" football, rugby, snooker, cricket, darts..

They have gained pulling power where domestic speedway has shoved dynamite up its backside and sat on it. Old school beliefs with old school behaviours, no vision for the future or even the good of the sport, when riders are trying to find ways of running meetings (Rory) then what's that say about the sport we love.

Mr Sandhu walked away because of the way speedway is run, fans have left in there thousands this past decade or so because of the way speedway is run. The way it goes is we butter over it for a year, AGM time excuses come out and we wing it for 12 months. It's not about race nights, it would be a huge help but it's an easy get out to shift the issues. I don't think my great grand children will see speedway, not at a professional level anyway. It's a shame Sandhu walked away as if given the chance with the help of people who really know and love the sport like Rosco and especially Buster Chapman then they could have at least tried to revamp the sport, it's 4 bikes and an oval track, that hasn't changed...

The show, the entertainment, drama ..!!!!! Daydream over ....

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 3

Fair comnent i should have said in the elite league. Better racing in the premier!

And that's why the Premier League is packing out stadiums up and down the country........

I agree wholeheartedly with Jeremy in that riders should be contracted to clubs for longer a season, its the only way people will once again become affiliated with their clubs.

• Like 3