British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Exeter Speedway On Radio Devon.

Last night on Radio Devon, Vic Morgan's "Late Night South West" programme featured Tony Lethbridge taking listeners on a poignant trip down memory lane and the years spent by the Falcons at the Exeter's County Ground.

The show was on 10th April so should be available on iPlayer for another 6 days.

Here is the link for anyone who is interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02mqww6. The interview is about 1hr 11minutes into the show.

Worth a listen, especially to wallow in a piece of Speedway nostalgia for 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy.

Edited by a4poster
  • Like 1

Occasionally listen to Vic's show on the internet as worked with him for the Inland Revenue and played cricket and football together in Swindon in the 70s. Massive STFC fan, never misses a game home or away, and sometimes visits Blunsdon to see the Robins when in the area. Nice geezer.

It is still on but only one day left. Some really good nostalgic stories told. Back in the sixties I followed the Coventry Bees and whenever they were at the County Ground I would always try and get the afternoon off from work so that I could get down to Exeter. The downside was that I would not get back home until about three in the morning and have to be back at work for eight . It was well worth it though, especially the races between Ron Mountford and Colin Goody. Usually ended up with a punch up in the pits. Oh what memories.