British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

All the easier to take a week off and recharge.

Maybe he should do as he keeps saying he is tired

When you see a rider sing his heart out for the Australian anthem yet refuse to sing the British anthem then go on to refuse to race in the British speedway before announcing he doesn't want to ride in the British final, do you think he deserves to be captain of a national team ? I don't

never know one mate with so much hatred for a rider..

so if he had ridden in the final would your opinion change..??

Maybe he should do as he keeps saying he is tired

Apologies for going off topic, but I am intrigued if you are the Rob Homer I remember second halving at Cradley in the late 60's. I can't personally remember another Rob Homer. The Rob Homer I remember had very good equipment quiet short and very slim. The other riders in that era without checking my programmes would have been Mike Gardner, Steve Bastable, Dave Perks, Paul Share, is this you?

Apologies for going off topic, but I am intrigued if you are the Rob Homer I remember second halving at Cradley in the late 60's. I can't personally remember another Rob Homer. The Rob Homer I remember had very good equipment quiet short and very slim. The other riders in that era without checking my programmes would have been Mike Gardner, Steve Bastable, Dave Perks, Paul Share, is this you?

sorry he cannot name names... he has made that clear

Rob, you're saying you would work longer hours, for less money, in a company that was 3rd rate compared to others that offered you a job?

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 3

No, that's the good Rob Homer.

never know one mate with so much hatred for a rider..

so if he had ridden in the final would your opinion change..??

Yes it would and I don't hate him just feel he has let the fans down and British speedway.

Rob, you're saying you would work longer hours, for less money, in a company that was 3rd rate compared to others that offered you a job?

I would always put my country first and respect the national title

Still confused, should Tai be in Team GB or not?

No, he should go on holiday that week.
  • Like 1

but that was not the question.... it was "would work longer hours, for less money, in a company that was 3rd rate compared to others that offered you a job?"

I would always put my country first and respect the national title

With all due respect that doesn't answer the question I asked.

• Like 1

The British Final is a farce simply because Woffinden couldnt be arsed to ride. Too tired poor little mite. It makes a mockery of the event and reduces the crowd considerably. But Woofinden doesnt care. He doesnt care for British speedway full stop.

It doesnt matter that British speedway gave him the opportunity to learn his trade. He has already stuck his middle finger up at league racing. Hell to all the fans from Wolverhampton that cheered him on.

Now he has wrecked the British Final but not being bothered to ride. Yet all the apologists are out in force posting his schedule, which looks the same as the majority of the sports top riders. And lighter than nki, Jonsson, Holder and Zagar.

Personally the crowd for the swc wont be affected as most of the tickets have now sold anyway. I would drop him from TeamGB. We owe him nothing. Let him take a holiday to give him the opportunity to get over his tiredness. He has disrespected British Speedway and for the life of me I struggle to understand why some people are still supporting him. The most unpopular British World Champion ever?

We are not going to win anyway so give the spot to a youngster.

This is the post of the Week by Steve

The British Final is a farce simply because Woffinden couldnt be arsed to ride. Too tired poor little mite. It makes a mockery of the event and reduces the crowd considerably. But Woofinden doesnt care. He doesnt care for British speedway full stop.

It doesnt matter that British speedway gave him the opportunity to learn his trade. He has already stuck his middle finger up at league racing. Hell to all the fans from Wolverhampton that cheered him on.

Now he has wrecked the British Final but not being bothered to ride. Yet all the apologists are out in force posting his schedule, which looks the same as the majority of the sports top riders. And lighter than nki, Jonsson, Holder and Zagar.

Personally the crowd for the swc wont be affected as most of the tickets have now sold anyway. I would drop him from TeamGB. We owe him nothing. Let him take a holiday to give him the opportunity to get over his tiredness. He has disrespected British Speedway and for the life of me I struggle to understand why some people are still supporting him. The most unpopular British World Champion ever?

We are not going to win anyway so give the spot to a youngster.

Steve I absolutely understand your frustrations with Tai pulling out of the British Final. It has without a doubt devalued the competition and it's a terrible shame he won't be there. And if we're totally honest a bit of a pss take he's essentially not bothering to show up.

However I think we have to be realistic and say it's not that big of a deal that's he's left the British league. Firstly MANY GP riders have or continue to shun our league despite having 'used' it to learn their trade. Secondly Tai ran himself ragged in 2014 trying to promote the sport in the UK as much as possible. If you dont want to believe me with that you can go online see all the articles, tv shows, radio shows and PA's he did.

Thirdly, this is the way ALL sports are going now. Look at the players that are picked in lesser competitions in Football. For example the 11 players picked for say the Capital one cup is nothing like they would pick for a premier league game. Top players save themselves for top competition.

Also dont make out that Rye House (my team by the way) and Wolves were doing him any special favoers by having him in the team. He's a bloody good rider and they wanted him in the team to better their chances of success.

And to say he shouldnt be picked for a GB SWC team when we're the host nation, that's just madness. There's every chance we could be in the running for the gold this year with Tai leading the team.

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 2

If a rider doesn't want to be a part of the British final then he should be part of the British team.

I don't know why there is all this disagreement then because you seem to be agreeing with the majority that Tai should ride for Britain.

• Like 2

Well spotted Gemini, but I reckon he didnt mean that (and probably you knew that), but wll spotted anyway.

• Like 1