British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZODIAK

Sheffield Vs Ipswich 30/04/15

Home win, but not by the normal 30 odd points. Home win between 12 and 16

since when was it the normal 30 points? must have JUST started in march..

ippo to win at howlerton. imo.

Witches to take a point I think. If we have ambitions to actually lift the trophy, we have to come to these places and keep it close.

since when was it the normal 30 points? must have JUST started in march..

ippo to win at howlerton. imo.[/quote

It hasn't been a very successful track to visit on most occasions, apart from our last visit when I do believe we won against a poor Sheffield team. This season Sheffield look a lot stronger to me.

Edited by baldyman

Any weather updates, just leaving from derby in the rain 😪

At the track, cloudy but dry.

Witches to take a point I think. If we have ambitions to actually lift the trophy, we have to come to these places and keep it close.

You are correct, and it would mean we are serious contenders. I think we are again slightly stronger with rr for gino on a track like this. Again if gino has his eyes set on making it to the top, he needs plenty of track time getting used to tracks like this.

Effectively a 4 man team got within 7 points of Sheffield , we might even have won if just 1 more rider had come to the party !

Ah well , hopefully revenge will be sweet on Monday .

What the hell are we gonna do from Monday when we can't call on Covatti as a reserve to come in and bail us out .

Happy with that, thought we were at risk of losing again.

Just need to get Ash going - overheard him talking to Ermolenko saying that he had his engine serviced again because he just can't get it off the line, unfortunately it wasn't any better for him

Happy with that, thought we were at risk of losing again.

Just need to get Ash going - overheard him talking to Ermolenko saying that he had his engine serviced again because he just can't get it off the line, unfortunately it wasn't any better for him

From the smell I think it was a clutch issue for Ash, hopefully he'll get it sorted.

Pleased with the win, could have been a banana skin and thanks to Cookie again.

• Like 1

Thought Ipswich were a bit unlucky tonight. If Heeps hadn't crashed in heat 11 we might have been in a bit of bother. Love watching Danny King ride and I was very impressed with Nielsen. Tungate rode better than his score suggested and Covatti was a bit up and down

Thanks to Cookie for another professional job and great efforts from Jason and Andre to win it for us. Bit worried by Ashley and Ty but hope they will come good soon.

Really rate Danny King, one of my favourite riders, also think the promotion last year signed the wrong Nielsen! As with Ashley, not sure if it's bikes or mindset but hopefully he will get it sorted soon but I think Ty's downfall is that he tries too hard and, unfortunately, comes to grief! Problem for the promotion could be when Bellego is fit, do we keep Garrity or do we let someone go?

A tough night as I expected.There are some good sides about this year in the premier league.Ipswich deserved a point.If Nielsen and heeps hadn't fallen they would have got it.Covatti did what I expected and kept them in contention,see what happens when he moves up into the top 5.As for our lads Cookie Compton and Garritty were good value,bates and sissis did their job but im a bit concerned over Ty s home form,you cant knock his effort but he doesn't look comfortable on the bike.I think he s capable of bigger scores than he s getting.Ash is struggling big time at the moment,dont know if its mechanical or mental problems,just hope he can get sorted as soon as possible.His points were gifts last night.Good luck to all the lads tonight lets hope we can get something from the meeting.