British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Plymouth Speedway By Public Transport.

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have tried the forum on the website but I am unable to register.

From Plymouth railway station and using the local bus service how do I get to St.Boniface Arena - both before and after meetings and what is the stop I would ask for. (also how far is the walk from the stop where you alight).

Also how long is the trip to the Arena from the centre of Plymouth.

I know where the City Centre is and the Bus Station so assume I would catch the bus from one of those two places.

Thanks in advance.

It takes about half an hour and there are several buses that go to Marsh Mills Sainsburys which is a short walk from the track.

So long as you get a bus to Plympton, via Marsh Mills, you will be fine.

Ask for McDonalds and the track is quite literally on the opposite side of the road.(About a 200 metre walk)

Many thanks for your swift replies - out of interest do you know how frequently the buses run?

I take it a 7.15pm start would take about two hours to run (thats including a couple of hold-ups).

Edited by a4poster

Have you been to google maps and looked at the St Boniface Arena?

I have (since your post) and can see a bus stop right outside McDonalds one way, and reasonably opposite on the other side.

Your only a few hundred yards to the Arena, but major roads to cross, might be simpler when on the ground as opposed to looking down on google maps.

Your only a few hundred yards to the Arena, but major roads to cross, might be simpler when on the ground as opposed to looking down on google maps.

The stop opposite Sainsburys is near a pedestrian foot bridge over the main road.

Thanks for the reply but I know the location of the Arena but unsure on the buses as time would be tight to get a train back from Plymouth after a meeting if off-peak buses aren't very regular.

Bus 21/21a from royal parade city centre stop

A10, near Poundland

Buses on way back every half hr 9.15 or 9.45

• Like 1

Have you been to google maps and looked at the St Boniface Arena?

I have (since your post) and can see a bus stop right outside McDonalds one way, and reasonably opposite on the other side.

If you don't fancy braving the main road just head through McDonalds car park in the same direction you were travelling on the bus, when you come out on Coypool Road, turn left, down to the point to entrance to B&Q car park turn right walk down Coypool road and under the bridge, and your there, it's only about 6 minutes walk.

On the way out, turn left out of the gate, bear right again the small bridge over the stream. Head back to the bridge you came under on the way in, just before that, you'll see a small path heading up the hill, bus stop is at the top.

Here is the link to the maps, with both bus stops marked, will help you relate the instructions map of Plymouth speedway WAY IN and WAY OUT (can't put the directions on second map, as it doesn't like me trying to route it up the small path, but you can clearly see the small pathway, and bus stop to the right of the picture)

Hope that helps

Edited by womble53