British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Fast Track Draft Grade List

As Newman was low down on the list you had an earlier pick for the 2nd round of the draft.

I'm still shocked we managed to get Sarjeant. For me he was likely to be the number 1 2nd draft pick by the end of the season especially as he had a PL place too.

I think Swindon could have had him as we picked before you. The fact we didn't makes me wonder what went on behind closed doors.

Or maybe Rosco just thought Rose was a better option. Not unreasonable on their form last year.

Or maybe Rosco just thought Rose was a better option. Not unreasonable on their form last year.

I think based on last season, Sarjeant & Rose looked the strongest options.

When I saw that we had 5th pick in the tier 2 after Lakeside, Wolves, Poole, Swindon, I was convinced that we would lose Sarjeant but luckily Bates,Starke & Rose got selected by those teams instead.

The farce of this year's pick was to use PL averages for the grading, when most had a more relevant EL average and to allow clubs to keep an existing rider even if he wasn't an asset.

Coventry were allowed to protect Garrity, so were able to gain a double advantage merely because they finished bottom in 2013. This year Leicester should have been able to pick him.

• Like 3

Good point made by Jon Cook at the Fans Forum last night: Draft riders should have their averages taken into account for 1-5 team building, with the points limit varying accordingly. Really good idea considering some riders are protected