British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Storm V Mildenhall 29th May 2015

Thursday May 28, 2015

COVENTRY Storm are looking to move into the top three of the National League table when they face second-placed Mildenhall at Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

The City Gearboxes Storm have made an excellent start to the league campaign having picked up nine points from their opening four matches - all of them away from home.

Last weekends 45-44 win at Rye House saw them keep up with the early pace-setters, and a win over the Fen Tigers on Friday will move them to within one point of the top of the table.

Despite the success of the Storm project over the last two years, there is one item conspicuously missing from their results sheet - a home win over Mildenhall.

The Fen Tigers were twice successful at Brandon in 2013 and then won a dramatic last heat decider last May when the Storm looked set to salvage a draw before a crash on the third bend turned the match back in the visitors favour.

This season, Mildenhall have proved strong at home with four wins out of four, and they picked up a point on their travels at Buxton last weekend.

The Storm are unchanged from the team which won at Hoddesdon, with Callum Walker continuing in the reserve berth alongside Conor Dwyer.

Dan Greenwood returns after missing the last home fixture against Kent in the KO Cup, and he will move to the No.1 position when new averages come into effect next week.

The Fen Tigers are led by the reigning National League Riders Champion Dan Halsey and include several promising youngsters - including 22-year-old Tom Bacon, the son of former Coventry rider Mike. They have also recently signed Stefan Farnaby after he was released by the Storm, and he lines up at reserve.

Storm boss Laurence Rogers said: This should be a really good meeting against a side just above us in the league table, we need to take three points against them and I think we can do it.

The league itself is very competitive this year and the racing has been good everywhere weve gone.

I know the coachload of supporters we took to Rye House on Saturday really enjoyed themselves, and now with this being our first home league match hopefully everyone will start getting into it.

Its a new team, I had to rebuild over the winter with four new riders coming in, and with the results on the road having been good I really hope the Bees fans will come along and cheer the boys on.

Admission for Fridays meeting is just £10 for adults, with all children free, and there is also Midland Development League action between the Coventry Vikings and Milton Keynes.

COVENTRY (from): Luke Crang, Conor Dwyer, Dan Greenwood, Martin Knuckey, Darryl Ritchings, Rob Shuttleworth, Callum Walker.

MILDENHALL (from): Tom Bacon, Connor Coles, Stefan Farnaby, Dan Halsey, Jack Kingston, Connor Mountain, Luke Ruddick.

The weather forecast is looking more promising now with no rain forecast after lunchtime and sun coming out. Let's hope we don't have much before then. I'm hoping to go along and support the boys in their first home fixture of the season.

Only £10

Edited by mdmc82

Thursday May 28, 2015

COVENTRY Storm are looking to move into the top three of the National League table when they face second-placed Mildenhall at Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

The City Gearboxes Storm have made an excellent start to the league campaign having picked up nine points from their opening four matches - all of them away from home.

Last weekends 45-44 win at Rye House saw them keep up with the early pace-setters, and a win over the Fen Tigers on Friday will move them to within one point of the top of the table.

Despite the success of the Storm project over the last two years, there is one item conspicuously missing from their results sheet - a home win over Mildenhall.

The Fen Tigers were twice successful at Brandon in 2013 and then won a dramatic last heat decider last May when the Storm looked set to salvage a draw before a crash on the third bend turned the match back in the visitors favour.

This season, Mildenhall have proved strong at home with four wins out of four, and they picked up a point on their travels at Buxton last weekend.

The Storm are unchanged from the team which won at Hoddesdon, with Callum Walker continuing in the reserve berth alongside Conor Dwyer.

Dan Greenwood returns after missing the last home fixture against Kent in the KO Cup, and he will move to the No.1 position when new averages come into effect next week.

The Fen Tigers are led by the reigning National League Riders Champion Dan Halsey and include several promising youngsters - including 22-year-old Tom Bacon, the son of former Coventry rider Mike. They have also recently signed Stefan Farnaby after he was released by the Storm, and he lines up at reserve.

Storm boss Laurence Rogers said: This should be a really good meeting against a side just above us in the league table, we need to take three points against them and I think we can do it.

The league itself is very competitive this year and the racing has been good everywhere weve gone.

I know the coachload of supporters we took to Rye House on Saturday really enjoyed themselves, and now with this being our first home league match hopefully everyone will start getting into it.

Its a new team, I had to rebuild over the winter with four new riders coming in, and with the results on the road having been good I really hope the Bees fans will come along and cheer the boys on.

Admission for Fridays meeting is just £10 for adults, with all children free, and there is also Midland Development League action between the Coventry Vikings and Milton Keynes.

COVENTRY (from): Luke Crang, Conor Dwyer, Dan Greenwood, Martin Knuckey, Darryl Ritchings, Rob Shuttleworth, Callum Walker.

MILDENHALL (from): Tom Bacon, Connor Coles, Stefan Farnaby, Dan Halsey, Jack Kingston, Connor Mountain, Luke Ruddick.

The weather forecast is looking more promising now with no rain forecast after lunchtime and sun coming out. Let's hope we don't have much before then. I'm hoping to go along and support the boys in their first home fixture of the season.

Only £10

Let's hope the sun shines soon --- I'll be there too.

Let's hope the sun shines soon --- I'll be there too.

Fingers crossed. Rain been heavy all morning but forecast says no rain after 1pm. Depends how much the track can take though as is heavy.

Tonight's meeting is POSTPONED, re-staging date to be advised in due course.

Not surprised. Sadly it has been really heavy rain all morning 😔

Although typically as soon as it's called off the sun has come out and blue sky, although imagine track will be waterlogged after how heavy the rain was earlier

Edited by mdmc82