British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattJ81

Cradley Vs Stoke Ko Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg

I know, very late to start a thread on this 2 days after it happened but just so there is one.....

The lack of thread probably says it all, a pretty straightforward passage through for Cradley on a very dusty track after threatened rain didn't arrive - no criticism of the promotion here as they were in a no win situation once that happened. Plenty of water put down throughout the meeting but was never going to help too much.

A couple of nasty falls and the fourth bend caught a few out, Greaves in particular came a cropper hitting the fence coming out of the fourth bend and ending up face down on the track near the starting tapes (kudos to Jon Armstrong on being first over to an injured opponent). Mogridge also found the fence coming out of the fourth bend and how Neale managed to get so close to it every lap and avoid clipping I don't know!

Nice to see Ellis Perks looking a little more comfortable with his knee injury and also to see Luke Harris picking up some points from reserve. Danny Phillips impressed, very quick out of the traps and Lee Payne offered a serious threat to the Heathens top order throughout the night.

On to the semi.....

I didnt really enjoy the meeting, it was very one sided and the track was far too dusty. On facebook Nigel Pearson said on the NL speedway page said that due to the forecast of rain from 6pm they asked the track staff to not water the track from 4pm. Its typical then it didnt rain!

There were quite a few crashes, the crash with Greaves going into the fence could have been a lot worse than what it was. I remember a number of years ago seeing a bad crash with Kyle Legault and James Birkinshaw on that bend. It was similar with a rider going too wide on the 4th bend and before they know it the main straight fence is quicky upon them.

For me Cradley's best rider at Perry Barr is Matt Williamson, he looks to have dialled in to the track pretty well. Clegg has been a bit hit or miss at home this year but rode his best meeting on Wednesday, more of the same guesting for the Brummies at Kent on Monday Max!. Cradley always guarentted to have a strong reserve whether that be Perks or Harris, Harris should benefit greatly from dropping to reserve in meetings to come

Apart from Lee Payne and to a lesser extent Danny Phillips, Stoke really struggled. Having lost the first leg at home it was always going to be an uphill battle but Stoke were no match for the Heathens.