British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

https://www.facebook.com/stefan.jarl2/videos/10204585274292067/

From that angle Greg runs into the back of Nicki.

The video I saw . Greg was never in front and tried for a Gap that he thought would stay on the outside....... Racing against Nicki all these years he should have realised that gap could disappear....... a red mist incident that happens.....shake hands and get over it......

All these gullible fools (riders) that fawn over Hancock

Hancock has them right where he wants them.

They don't push him on track, must give the nice old guy all the room in the world.

Net result? Greg wins World Title/s.

Rickardsson, Crump etc wouldn't give him so much respect.

It was interesting that in the World Cup some of the younger kids didn't pay him so much heed.. and breezed past him.

I think a lot of this about riders giving the old guy room is in your minds... The young riders that 'breeze' past him aren't putting him under pressure, and the older riders still pass him the same way. Look at Lambert's pass in SWC, Hancock just wasn't as fast, it wasn't a tough pass by any means.It's just that usually Hancock gates well and his bike is set up well and ' young or old' they just can't get past. Hence he wins the World Title.

• Like 1

Really disappointed in Greg's statement regarding the incident last night, tainted a fantastic career imo, and not something you'd expect a professional speedway rider of his caliber to issue.

• Like 2

Nicki is a great rider and from what I'm told a decent bloke off the track but the fact of the matter is he causes crashes time after time. Even if you are a fan of his you have to realize that every other rider dislikes him for a reason. I remember in the Cardiff program years ago David Norris admitting that even though NP was his team mate there were times he couldn't defend some of the stuff he did. Also, I used to sponsor an ex team mate of Nicki's and he simply described him as a lunatic who'd rather fence him then get a 5-1. For those of you who don't know me you may think that is made up bull****, but I swear it's true.

As for Greg's reaction, don't know what everyone is up in arms about. He just got knocked off his bike at 70mph, by a guy who's don't it multiple times before & he saw red mist. Not the first or last person who's done that. The only real surprise was that it was Greg that finally stepped up and did what loads of others had wanted to do for years.

Roll on Cardiff...

I can well remember him costing Eastbourne a bonus point against Wolves in 2003 because he'd had a clash with Peter Karlsson earlier in the meeting and then became more interested in gaining his revenge on PK later in the meeting.

None of his past crimes however should excuse Hancock's conduct afterwards, nor his petulant statement.

Edited by mb1990
  • Like 1

In your dreams. I did the transfer. :P:D

Not another pork pie off the CVS/Adams conveyor belt surely? ;)

I can well remember him costing Eastbourne a bonus point against Wolves in 2003 because he'd had a clash with Peter Karlsson earlier in the meeting and then became more interested in gaining his revenge on PK later in the meeting.

None of his past crimes however should excuse Hancock's conduct afterwards, nor his petulant statement.

Then you Sir seriously need to get out more!

Not another pork pie off the CVS/Adams conveyor belt surely? ;)

Surely tsunami means it was more than 25k?

Why world a Wolves fan deram we had paíd more than we had. If we did pay less, good work from cvs, bad work from tsunami.

Wolves will nave recouped much if not all of it in loan fees over the years.

Then you Sir seriously need to get out more!

Not really blaze, I think every wolves fan remembers said meeting.

In a way that's the great thing about nicki.

Really disappointed in Greg's statement regarding the incident last night, tainted a fantastic career imo, and not something you'd expect a professional speedway rider of his caliber to issue.

On the contrary.

like the sign above the starting gate. ( under pederson ).

BETTER to take retribution off the track than on it. Plenty of riders 30/40 years ago would have dealt with a similar situation very differently. A speedway bike can be a lethal weapon when seeking revenge.

Like it or not, Hancock's views are echoed around the SGP pits and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened again. Matej Zagar had a confrontation with NP in Manilla a few years back.

Of course, Pedersen is box office, the pantomime villain if you like, but safety is paramount and there are undoubtably times when Nicki oversteps the mark and risks injuring his fellow competitors.

• Like 2

Like it or not, Hancock's views are echoed around the SGP pits and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened again. Matej Zagar had a confrontation with NP in Manilla a few years back.

That happens a lot in the Philippines.

• Like 3

Facts are Nicki didn't cause serious injury or worse.

Facts are there was barely any contact.

Facts are there was still room for Greg.

Facts are Greg jumped of the bike, releasing it, hence it continuing on its way down the track and not going into the fence. ergo sum, Greg wasn't fenced.

Facts are Greg drifted wide, locked up twice, Nicki rode a perfect corner.

Facts are it was a speedway racing incident that is seen hundreds of times a season.

Decision to exclude Nicki, 50/50 but no qualms with that call being made.

FACTS? You wouldn't know what facts were if they slapped you in the face. Facts aren't opinions, they are precise details that all people recognise. Strange you talk about some, so-called facts and only mention those that highlights your opinion.

So lets have a few more facts:

1. Greg Hancock is the most respected Speedway rider in the world. Not just in this country, but the World over. Be it fellow riders, fans or media. Nobody has a bad word to say about Greg Hancock. Having met him on numerous occasions he is the complete genuine person, a fantastic ambassador to everyone and everything, he is associated with. He is the sort of person who would make a perfect role model for people to imitate.

2. Nicki Pedersen, has a name of being Selfish, Dirty, Hard, rider. He cares for no one but himself. Someone who is always involved in controversy. On the riding circuit he has but a few friends, and supporters don't flock in their thousand to watch him. I saw at first hand the depths he is prepared to take to win when he Tee-Boned Kenneth Bjerre, (a fellow Dane) at the a televised meeting at the. EESG, a few years back. Even his home fans jeered in disbelief of his antics. He then, in response to the boos, rode round gestating to the crowd with his thump and fore finger. A real gentleman!!!!!. doing that in front of families and children. When Tatum and Pearson took him to task of his behaviour he just smiled and wasn't interested. Tatum actually said at the time it was probably the worst piece of dirty riding he had ever witnessed.

No, I wasn't there at the meeting, but have seen 3 different recordings of the incident, all from different positions around the track, and each of those Pedersen is clearly at fault. In a race, when the meeting is all but over, Hancock was leading, when Pedersen, some distance adrift, straightened up on the corner and got good drive out. From the extra speed, Pedersen could've picked any line he wished. But getting to the front wasn't his prime aim. he wanted to interfere with Hancock's line forcing him to ease off or else. That all very well when you allow them the space to do that . but Pedersen's intended line said he wasn't taken any prisoners. The whole incident is dictated by Pederson forceful riding. There are too many accidents and people get hurt in the sport now, riders need to remember this. Had the positions been changed round there would've no accident because Hancock would haven't done that.

Whether there was any contact, only them will know, but it was to close, difficult to see from each of them videos, but the movement of Hancock handlebars suggests there was. For a calm and placid man, the reaction from Hancock tells me he thought Pedersen had crossed that line. I don't condone Hancock's retaliation, but you have to realise it's them who put their life on the line.

How anybody can justify Pedersen's behaviour is beyond me.

Footnote: I am part of a syndicate who have a sweepstake at each SGP. We pick riders at the start of each year for the whole campaign. This year, my rider is NICKI PEDERSEN

As original poster I want to register my anger at the thread title and my first post being altered against my wishes by a moderator.

It changes completely the nature of how I wanted this thread to be discussed.

Disgusting action on the mods part.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 4

FACTS? You wouldn't know what facts were if they slapped you in the face. Facts aren't opinions, they are precise details that all people recognise. Strange you talk about some, so-called facts and only mention those that highlights your opinion.

So lets have a few more facts:

1. Greg Hancock is the most respected Speedway rider in the world. Not just in this country, but the World over. Be it fellow riders, fans or media. Nobody has a bad word to say about Greg Hancock. Having met him on numerous occasions he is the complete genuine person, a fantastic ambassador to everyone and everything, he is associated with. He is the sort of person who would make a perfect role model for people to imitate.

2. Nicki Pedersen, has a name of being Selfish, Dirty, Hard, rider. He cares for no one but himself. Someone who is always involved in controversy. On the riding circuit he has but a few friends, and supporters don't flock in their thousand to watch him. I saw at first hand the depths he is prepared to take to win when he Tee-Boned Kenneth Bjerre, (a fellow Dane) at the a televised meeting at the. EESG, a few years back. Even his home fans jeered in disbelief of his antics. He then, in response to the boos, rode round gestating to the crowd with his thump and fore finger. A real gentleman!!!!!. doing that in front of families and children. When Tatum and Pearson took him to task of his behaviour he just smiled and wasn't interested. Tatum actually said at the time it was probably the worst piece of dirty riding he had ever witnessed.

No, I wasn't there at the meeting, but have seen 3 different recordings of the incident, all from different positions around the track, and each of those Pedersen is clearly at fault. In a race, when the meeting is all but over, Hancock was leading, when Pedersen, some distance adrift, straightened up on the corner and got good drive out. From the extra speed, Pedersen could've picked any line he wished. But getting to the front wasn't his prime aim. he wanted to interfere with Hancock's line forcing him to ease off or else. That all very well when you allow them the space to do that . but Pedersen's intended line said he wasn't taken any prisoners. The whole incident is dictated by Pederson forceful riding. There are too many accidents and people get hurt in the sport now, riders need to remember this. Had the positions been changed round there would've no accident because Hancock would haven't done that.

Whether there was any contact, only them will know, but it was to close, difficult to see from each of them videos, but the movement of Hancock handlebars suggests there was. For a calm and placid man, the reaction from Hancock tells me he thought Pedersen had crossed that line. I don't condone Hancock's retaliation, but you have to realise it's them who put their life on the line.

How anybody can justify Pedersen's behaviour is beyond me.

Footnote: I am part of a syndicate who have a sweepstake at each SGP. We pick riders at the start of each year for the whole campaign. This year, my rider is NICKI PEDERSEN

I would say far more people travel to see Pedersen than you think. Theres 8 of us going to Cardiff for a start and not one of us could give a monkeys about Hancock being there. There is also a difference between respecting a rider snd caring if he is in an event. Got a feeling ill be celebrating a NP win at Cardiff

• Like 1