British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

If your definition of a “tough time” in a race is to knock someone of then you probably will struggle to find instances when Woffinden, Holder or Ward decide to knock Hancock of or take his front wheel away, the reason being is because they typically aren’t idiots on a bike and your definition of a “tough time” seems to be a manoeuvre that would typically see a rider excluded.

In that one example, Woffinden is hard but fair on Hancock which results in him not only passing him but scrubbing of Hancock’s momentum to the point that he is pulled back into the pack, by no means giving him an easy time. Your own request was one example, that is it.

Evidently though the SGP is just a Monster Conspiracy ruled by the Gestapo as Woffinden, Holder and Hancock trade World Titles each season……said someone who wears a tin foil helmet. It’s all just a conspiracy

Missing the point again.

Woffinden executed a very clean pass, he was well clear of Hancock who himself made the error of continuing on that line when it was clear Woffinden would be coming onto it.

A more applicable move would be the one Emil made on Tai, its very rare you see that done to Greg. It's not a conspiracy as you now seem to wish to call it, more likely a mark of respect.

The point I have made is that gives Greg an advantage and in the sport of speedway where there can be a very fine line between success and failure at the highest level, that can be significant.

Missing the point again.

Woffinden executed a very clean pass, he was well clear of Hancock who himself made the error of continuing on that line when it was clear Woffinden would be coming onto it.

A more applicable move would be the one Emil made on Tai, its very rare you see that done to Greg. It's not a conspiracy as you now seem to wish to call it, more likely a mark of respect.

The point I have made is that gives Greg an advantage and in the sport of speedway where there can be a very fine line between success and failure at the highest level, that can be significant.

The point is I meant to agree with you that certain riders give Hancock an easy time, I don’t. It is called racing room and racing respect.

A rider like Pedersen seems to have set a precedent in your head as to what “hard racing” is and the definition is he hasn’t hurt anyone that often so it's fine, you keep on with that train of thought. It’s wrong and one that about 3% of people who have stepped on a bike would agree with, but you bash on and enjoy the few who agree with you, just take this point on though, there are more people wondering what the hell you are going on about.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 2

The point is I meant to agree with you that certain riders give Hancock an easy time, I don’t. It is called racing room and racing respect.

A rider like Pedersen seems to have set a precedent in your head as to what “hard racing” is and the definition is he hasn’t hurt anyone that often so it's fine, you keep on with that train of thought. It’s wrong and one that about 3% of people who have stepped on a bike would agree with, but you bash on and enjoy the few who agree with you, just take this point on though, there are more people wondering what the hell you are going on about.

Wrong thread pal... the thread is about the actions of the American fella in hitting out.

Idiot.

Only two idiots here - you, Arya, and Greg Hancock

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 2

Greg is making a meal of it on Twitter. He tweeted this with a pic of a hospital scanner.

The Hollywood stunts and acting are sure paying off today! Thanks bro!270a.png🏻 pic.twitter.com/ULDJyJj0th

Nicki replied with a pretty valid point.... he wasn't crying hurt when he ran down the track.

Stop cry it didnt hurt when running after me 1f602.png Thank yourself for this crash. Dont ask my help again like you did in Warsaw270a.png🏼

Were all guilty of speaking nonsense from time to time.

l actually like bwitchers posts and normally agree but not on this occasion.

Nicki's win at all costs riding style may end up causing serious injury to fellow riders, nobody wants to see that but he had two more laps so no need for taking away gregs front wheel.

im glad greg was able to get up and do what he did, what would we be thinking about nicki if he had ended gregs season or career.

For those who are still defending NP, to my knowledge the riders in GP's alone he's knocked off and/or had visible arguments with are

Hancock

AJ

Emil

Hans Andersan

Holder

Zagar

Ward

THJ

Gollob

Woffy

Im sure there are more thats just top of my head. Are they ALL in the wrong?

For those who are still defending NP, to my knowledge the riders in GP's alone he's knocked off and/or had visible arguments with are

Hancock

AJ

Emil

Hans Andersan

Holder

Zagar

Ward

THJ

Gollob

Woffy

And?

Emil had incidents with other riders (not including Nicki), Gollob had few in the early days of the GP's. So it's not just Nicki.

Hancock

AJ

Emil

Hans Andersan

Holder

Zagar

Ward

THJ

Gollob

Woffy

You can make equally long lists for Emil for starters.

Zagar I witnessed making one of the most despicable moves I have ever seen on Buzz Burrows.

Woffy has wiped out a number of fellow competitors.

Gollob most certainly has.

Holder too was no shrinking violet before his injury.

See a pattern?

All this thread has done is remind how boring the GPs will be when Nicki isnt in them. Cant say ill notice a change when Greg does

• Like 6

The pattern is there will always be incidents in Speedway. But not repeated time after time the same person. Can you genuinely not see that?

I have no personal vendetta against Nicki I'm just saying it as I see.

The pattern is there will always be incidents in Speedway. But not repeated time after time the same person. Can you genuinely not see that?

I have no personal vendetta against Nicki I'm just saying it as I see.

But I have never seen a rider get up, run across a track and rugby tackle another rider's neck. Just because it is Nicki, Greg seems to have got away with it. What Greg did was disgusting. How ironic it would be if Greg is in hospital today for hurting himself in the rugby tackle rather than the crash!

• Like 1

Giving him the wins is perhaps a bit strong.

They don't deliberately let him win, what I am saying is they don't race Greg as hard as they race other riders.

That gives Greg an advantage, one that he most certainly doesn't need.

You're like my teenage son, you seem to have an answer for everything. :lol:

So the guy he was racing for the world title last year, didn't push as hard because he is sponsored by the same company. Yeah - right. The data is on the Grand Prix Web site, Do a bit of analysis and try to explain why his record against all the non-Monster riders is no worse???

Why was that it last year he beat Pedersen more than lost? And in 2012? Don't even take a look at those figures :lol: