British Speedway Forum
stevethelion

Coventry V Leicester 19/6/15

He most likely won't be at number one next month so hopefully should score big points as a 2nd string. More pressure on Harris, JK or King though as one of those would have to ride at No 1.

And herein lies the true facts. I love to watch Bomber race but he's NOT a number 1 -- it's been tried and tested --- he crumbles under the pressure. I appreciate (and not for the 1st time) that the ''bomber love in fans'' may well give this post a hard time. PLEASE let it be someone else who attempts to step up to the mark.

• Like 1

And herein lies the true facts. I love to watch Bomber race but he's NOT a number 1 -- it's been tried and tested --- he crumbles under the pressure. I appreciate (and not for the 1st time) that the ''bomber love in fans'' may well give this post a hard time. PLEASE let it be someone else who attempts to step up to the mark.

He has been number 1 in the averages for most of the season but you don't have to put your highest average rider at 1 anymore. I'd put King at 1 personally and Hans at 2 when the averages come out.

Edited by woz01

He has been number 1 in the averages for most of the season but you don't have to put your highest average rider at 1 anymore. I'd put King at 1 personally and Hans at 2 when the averages come out.

I agree

Hans will still be a heat leader in July - it'll be August before he drops to second string - unless Hans has a month scoring significantly more than King and Kylmo.

As for riding order, I'd have King/Kymlo at 1 and 2 personally. Puk Hans are 3. At least for this month

Edited by SCB

But he will face reserves too, it's worked for other heat leaders who have also struggled (Holder). It would be crazy to drop Hans now he will be in the 2nd string position, your only going to replace him with another 2nd string. Best to replace Robbo with the 6.6 we have available. Zmarzlik would be nice!

No I understand that no 1s out there are in short supply and we shouldn't replace him but if we have hopes of getting in the play offs we need things to change. I'm one who loves to watch bomber race but I also say he'll never be a number 1. His form has always been up and down so he's not a solution but i'd never get rid of him. JK has rode at 1 for Eastbourne how about him..???

No I understand that no 1s out there are in short supply and we shouldn't replace him but if we have hopes of getting in the play offs we need things to change. I'm one who loves to watch bomber race but I also say he'll never be a number 1. His form has always been up and down so he's not a solution but i'd never get rid of him. JK has rode at 1 for Eastbourne how about him..???

Or King depending on averages etc. Hans still heat leader to next month but I'd be tempted to stick him at 3 and put either King and JK at 1+2.

• Like 1

Or King depending on averages etc. Hans still heat leader to next month but I'd be tempted to stick him at 3 and put either King and JK at 1+2.

Which is what SCB said about 3 posts above yours!

Edited by thehammer

Which is what SCB said about 3 posts above yours!

I pretty much posted that a couple of posts above SCB post too with having King at one. Anyway I was asked a direct question by Had so I'd be a bit ignorant to not reply.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1